Listen, Not Like Us is alreadyy getting burnt out but this lil fat girl singing it verbatim to her mom is killing me LMAO

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
Breh are you losing it over this shyt lol. Surely you agree that some songs are hits, and some songs are smash hits. And the smash hits stick around for months. When I heard In My Feelings I didn't say oh the label is giving Drake a hit (because it's not true). I knew that shyt was a smash because I had 50 year old white women at work singing it. Now I have 50 year old women saying wop wop wop. That's what happens when a song is huge.
:dead:

All the corporation/label can do is put the plate in front of you (playlists, home page placement, twitter algorithm, etc), they can't make you eat it or ask for seconds. If people aren't fukking with the song it's gonna disappear after a week. Which is what happened with that Megan song where she dissed Drake and Nicki. That shyt was hot for a week and then fell off the face of earth because the video was the main thing people cared about. Frankly that's why a lot of these women rappers are flailing. Ever notice how they never just drop a loosie record or single first, it's always a video....

The song is undeniable. It's a smash hit, probably gonna be the biggest urban song of the year. But you know why I'm really baffled at your reaction to this breh: there have been multiple smash hits this year! I don't fukk with that Shaboozey song but it's been at or near the top of the charts for months and isn't going away. Once a song takes off the label doesn't have to do shyt but get your video out and get you into some commercials or ads. You what else is a smash...that SZA song, Saturn. Also that Chappell Roan song, Good Luck Babe. There are others too. It's crazy how many times I hear one of those songs outside, or my girl plays one, months after release. To me that's a good thing. Hits are good, people want to have fun in the summer. Why you mad about this one particular hit though lol.
He fighting proxy wars against kendrick on behalf of his favorite rappers. Ain't got shyt to do with Drake

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
Everybody I knows still wanna dance to it. Legit smash hit, and we haven't seen a hit of this magnitude since the early 2000s when it comes to rap.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm not mad about the song. I'm mad that people get mad at anyone who says they are tired of hearing it. But u know what? Imma leave it alone. This obviously a sore spot for nikkas on here.

It's a sore spot for you lol! Trust me if this had happened to Kendrick, and the #1 hottest song in the country for 3 months was some shyt calling him a fake activist or something...I wouldn't be in the threads by now. I'd be checked out because my man took the L. I'd acknowledge it and keep it moving. I dunno why you keep finding new ways to make weird comments on the song.

I get it. Brehs was probably tired of Mambo No 5 at some point. I just don't get why you trying to insinuate this wasn't a natural case of a song being hot and taking flight. It's a smash dude. Do you remember how many times we heard God's Plan that summer? It happens.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah I definitely heard people being burnt out of it months ago. At my job we often have the radio playing in the background, and if you still listen to the radio, you know they drag every song into the dirt by playing it every 5 seconds

This is subjective vs objective reality.

"I know people are tired of it" = subjective reality. It's what you experience.

People are not tired of it (it's #1 on Apple, #3 on Billboard going into next week, #7 on Spotify, etc.) = objective reality. It's what is happening beyond what you personally experience.

Saying people are tired of this song because you/people you know are....would be like saying people are tired of comic movies.

"Deadpool & Wolverine" did half a billion in less than a week.

Yes I'm sure people are tired of comic movies, but it doesn't change reality.

Fred.

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
This is the first rap song with 3 verses to go #1 since Eminem's Not Afraid in 2010... in 14 YEARS!!! And it didn't only reach #1 once lol. And shyt been a massive hit for 3 months now.

People are def not tired of it. Like many rappers have said, new gen may not be used to it, but it's one of the very rare massive rap hits we've had this generation. And it became a street hit before it became an internet hit.