Linus Tech Tips getting Called out on their Trash Content

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hell the subscriber count ain't even the biggest thing. His company is much larger than most YouTube Channels. MKBHD as 2m more subscribers with a fraction of the amount of employees.
The sub count of all the LTT channels is higher than just the main channel. They have about 27 million subs between all their channels. MKBHD if you add up all his subs between channels is pushing 20 million. MKBHD's channels are also mostly just a vehicle for him. LTT started out that way they Luke was also infront of a camera and now there are many people. It's like Dave Ramsey the leader wants the brand to exist beyond just himself.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I told chatgpt to summarize the bulletpoints :skip:

The video criticizes Linus Tech Tips (LTT) for rushed content creation, resulting in data errors, ethical concerns, and compromised accuracy. LTT is accused of prioritizing quantity over quality, leading to misleading data, misrepresenting prototypes, and auctioning prototypes without permission. The video points out consistent errors in LTT's reviews, lack of attention to detail, and slow response to corrections. It questions LTT's accuracy, ethics, and responsibility, highlighting conflicts of interest and potential harm to companies due to flawed testing methods. The lack of accountability, ethical responsibility, and community backlash further exacerbate the problem, raising doubts about LTT's commitment to accurate and ethical reporting.

This is the summary it gave before you drill in for more details...

The narrator raises concerns about Linus Tech Tips' accuracy, ethics, and responsibility. They highlight instances of data errors and misrepresentations in LTT's content, as well as ethical concerns regarding the mishandling of prototypes and the failure to correct mistakes. The video suggests that LTT's focus on entertainment and marketing may be compromising the quality and reliability of their reviews.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
the-plot-thickens-v0-wa1lulggtbib1.png

Hold up so Billet had also sent them a 3090ti but they 'lost' it and had to use a non-compatible 4090 instead to test the monoblock :dead:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I have a specific YouTube account dedicated solely to education and “edutainment”. Of course LLT channels are subscribed. Didn’t watch the video posted but I have noticed a shift more and more into the entertainment over the educational aspect. On the same note though, even at that size there is only so high you can go without making that crossover. I think with him stepping down, it opened him up to being more of a personality than ever before.