Lil Wayne calls Andre 3000's remarks about rapping over 40 "depressing"

Braman

Superstar
Daps
That shyt wasn’t depressing it was dissapointing.

Dude supposed to be this deep, spiritual, bigger than rap, been out the way traveling the world ethereal being…and you have nothing to say :snoop:

So he really is the male Badu :francis: we assumed she was some deep spiritual woman meanwhile she’s just another Dallas bih. Andre just another Atlanta breh

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Because that one man is Andre 3000 and as such an influential figure in the game, he'd like him to feel differently. Especially when hip hop as a whole is fighting the "young man's game" gesture as the 2000s and newer generation of rappers grow older

I’d like Will Smith to feel differently about being shackled to Jada Pinkett, doesn’t mean its going to affect my entire outlook on romantic relationships.

Andre is ONE man. ONE man who feels a certain way when its already been proven that that particular way of thinking is horseshyt. I’m not saying that he doesn’t have the right to feel “depressed” about Andre’s comments, more so that the depression should be at the notion of Andre himself not rapping anymore, not that older rappers cannot generate excitement and interest past 50 with whatever is going on in their lives. He was JUST on Nas’s 50th birthday celebration album. God willing Nas will win a Grammy next year and extend his streak of being the oldest rappers to win in the Best Rap Album category. If anything it should serve as an antidote to “Old Rappers don’t rap” depression it should be that

Last edited:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Andre3000 has always had hangups about being old. He was saying this shyt even when he was younger. He literally made a song called Chronomentrophobia where he says

Hope that when I'm gone y'all remember this
What we stood for
fukk that fame and that glitz
It's beginning to look a lot like the ending
And got to be more careful
Know what corners you be bending
Revelations getting impatient
Now I'm dead
Remember what I said
I'm gone bow ya heads

Plus he rapped about fear of being a washed up old nikka in Party with Beyonce, the beginning of the Players Anthem video, Growing Old, etc etc.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Why are we pretending like 3000 wasnt just on the Killa Mike album...rapping?
Because we want a full album of rapping.
That shyt wasn’t depressing it was dissapointing.

Dude supposed to be this deep, spiritual, bigger than rap, been out the way traveling the world ethereal being…and you have nothing to say :snoop:

So he really is the male Badu :francis: we assumed she was some deep spiritual woman meanwhile she’s just another Dallas bih. Andre just another Atlanta breh
Andre never said he was bigger than rap.
So he’s not creative enough to rap about life at his age?

False prophet
His belief is that people don't want to hear it, it's not about whether he can or can't.

And to the thread and others on this topic in general, cats gotta stop bringing up Nas and his current run to discredit Andre. Most of Nas's lyrics are not mid-life-age-specific, we're just rightfully enamored with a rapper still being that lyrically acrobatic at 50.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Because we want a full album of rapping.

Andre never said he was bigger than rap.

His belief is that people don't want to hear it, it's not about whether he can or can't.

And to the thread and others on this topic in general, cats gotta stop bringing up Nas and his current run to discredit Andre. Most of Nas's lyrics are not mid-life-age-specific, we're just rightfully enamored with a rapper still being that lyrically acrobatic at 50.
Rap fans are too diverse and plentiful to talk about some who’s gonna listen. He has fans his age.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
So he’s not creative enough to rap about life at his age?

False prophet

Emperor has no clothes. Down south nggas want to be taken serious but their king says shyt like this

Jay, Nas, etc would NEVER be able to get away with this