Liking someone more than they like you, women aren't cut out for this

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Not trying to troll but:

How can you gauge that he likes you less than you like him? Did you speak to him about it before breaking up with him?

It could be all in your head

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Is he a virgin?

Rephrase, he knows it's not on the table for me.

Not trying to troll but:

How can you gauge that he likes you less than you like him? Did you speak to him about it before breaking up with him?

It could be all in your head

Gauged it based on actions. 3 specific instances of a$$hole behaviour over a 2 day period. He had his own explanation (excuse) for each occurrence but the combination said all I needed to hear. I told him as much when I was breaking up with him.

I don't want to be right but there's no point lying or making excuses or nagging someone about how they feel or behave. We are who we are and do what we choose :hubie:

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Rephrase, he knows it's not on the table for me.

Gauged it based on actions. 3 specific instances of a$$hole behaviour over a 2 day period. He had his own explanation (excuse) for each occurrence but the combination said all I needed to hear. I told him as much when I was breaking up with him.

I don't want to be right but there's no point lying or making excuses or nagging someone about how they feel or behave. We are who we are and do what we choose :hubie:
How long were you guys together

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I like this guy, a lot. But I've had to break up with him because I've come to realise that i like him more than he likes me.

Setting aside this epiphany you've had, do you enjoy the time you spend with him? Is he a good guy at all? I guess what I'm really asking is, is the fact that you like him more the only reason you broke it off?

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
It's 2017, holding out on sex because of "principles" and "beliefs" is about as still as believing a fat dude jumps down a chimneys to leave presents under Christmas trees.

Don't get me wrong, there are dudes out there that will stick around for some box and will agree to uphold your "principles" and "beliefs", but lets keep 100.. these ain't that type of dudes you're attracted to.

females really out here tryna trap lions with cans of fancy feast when there's buy one get one on gazelle, zebras and wildebeests :mjlol:

I have heard this before and I swear it ends up all bad all the time! :russ:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
lol don't listen to these guys cause if you stayed and had a story about how he dogged you out they say you deserve it because there were probably signs that he was an a$$hole that you ignored.
But I will say this, some guys don't realize how standoffish and unemotional they can seem. Like sometimes they really just don't know because that's their normal attitude or no one has ever called them out on it. Hopefully you at least told him how you felt before you broke up with him. Plus some guys take longer to show their feelings, like they have to be really comfortable with a person before they can open up and start being sweet.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol don't listen to these guys cause if you stayed and had a story about how he dogged you out they say you deserve it because there were probably signs that he was an a$$hole that you ignored.
But I will say this, some guys don't realize how standoffish and unemotional they can seem. Like sometimes they really just don't know because that's their normal attitude or no one has ever called them out on it. Hopefully you at least told him how you felt before you broke up with him. Plus some guys take longer to show their feelings, like they have to be really comfortable with a person before they can open up and start being sweet.
Agree with all of this....

The bold is all truth, especially with black men sadly, we have to be "extra manly" and that means that emotions that can be perceived as weakness or vulnerability can't be shown. And to double down on that, now its being promoted that a man that shows those kind of feelings is not really a man and women re enforce the ideal among one another that a man that shows feelings or concern is weaker than those that dont.

If you ever wonder why men that are kind of closed off go from zero to 100 after being with you for awhile... this is why. Once you open up to a woman that you feel you can trust its just :wow:

Not saying stick around with a man waiting for him to open up because alot of times we dont realize what we are doing until its literally no chance at fixing the situation, I'm just saying its a thing.

The game is all messed up, and thats why we see so many relationships failing.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
How long were you guys together

We've known each other for a bit over 2 month. Doesn't seem like a long time but that was practically daily communication. I got hooked :francis:

Setting aside this epiphany you've had, do you enjoy the time you spend with him? Is he a good guy at all? I guess what I'm really asking is, is the fact that you like him more the only reason you broke it off?

I did enjoy the time and he's a good guy, I really do wish him all the best. I based my decision on his behaviour which to me though assholish in nature was evidence of a much bigger matter which was "he's just not that into you". He'd deny that statement but in my view actions speak louder than words even when we don't realise the truth ourselves.

You can't tell someone how much you care about them and that you want to spend your life with them but then turn around and do stuff that makes them feel like shyt with an apology tagged to it :gucci:

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
:picard: I knew that I liked him.

This has taught me to keep it light. No matter how hard a guy pursues I'm not falling for it. Serious emotions are for after marriage.
This is what guys live by tbh:ehh:

But yeah you made it sound like it was a 2 year relationship and you were being strung along. You'll find somebody :therethere: