"Life"- Sci fi/Space movie feat Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds (Trailer)

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
On a good note they got a really great cam floating around so I got to get a nice sneak peek of the movie :scheme:

I'll say this I'm a big fan of movies like The Mist, that are just on some :evil: "fukk the joy you get from walking outta a movie" shyt. Type of shyt to make people mad because they been brainwashed to expect things to go certain way. Well like Marlo said:

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o2_250.gif

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o6_250.gif

This movie was right up my alley. I enjoyed it a lot. :thumbsup:

doublex

Pro
Daps
I wouldn't really call it a plot hole considering it's a movie about an intelligent alien with evil intentions. There's no realistic scale to say just how intelligent or observant an alien is.

I didn't mind it being smart enough to know how to pierce the glove, but being smart enough to know how their space suits work, smart enough to know it could drown a human in liquid, smart enough to know how the space ship works, smart enough to know how their MINDS work so that it could manipulate them into moving into Earth's atmosphere, smart enough to know Hugh was paralyzed and it could hide on his leg without being sensed...

All that was just too much. It knew things it had never observed, so it seemed less like intelligence and more like deus ex machina.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I didn't mind it being smart enough to know how to pierce the glove, but being smart enough to know how their space suits work, smart enough to know it could drown a human in liquid, smart enough to know how the space ship works, smart enough to know how their MINDS work so that it could manipulate them into moving into Earth's atmosphere, smart enough to know Hugh was paralyzed and it could hide on his leg without being sensed...

All that was just too much. It knew things it had never observed, so it seemed less like intelligence and more like deus ex machina.
breh just said that there is no realistic scale and you're judging the intelligence of the alien based on our concept of learning and observation breh.

I'm not shytting on you breh, but when it comes to alien intelligence there's free reign.

"There’s a worm in the street, you walk by it. Does the worm know that you think you’re smart? The worm has no concept of your smarts. Because you’re that much smarter than the worm. So the worm has no idea that something smart is walking by it. Which makes me wonder whether we have any concept—if a super species walked by us. Maybe they’re uninterested in us because we’re too stupid for them to even imagine having a conversation. You don’t walk by worms and go “Gee I wonder what the worm is thinking.” This is just not a thought that you have! So one of the best pieces of evidence for why we haven’t been visited by aliens is that they have actually observed us, and concluded there is no intelligent sign of life on earth." ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson aka the mf gawd

These replies lowkey make me wanna see this now :lupe:

fukk yall waiting for :edlovamayne: go see it asap :goddamnisaygoddamnmayne:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
breh just said that there is no realistic scale and you're judging the intelligence of the alien based on our concept of learning and observation breh.

I'm not shytting on you breh, but when it comes to alien intelligence there's free reign.

"There’s a worm in the street, you walk by it. Does the worm know that you think you’re smart? The worm has no concept of your smarts. Because you’re that much smarter than the worm. So the worm has no idea that something smart is walking by it. Which makes me wonder whether we have any concept—if a super species walked by us. Maybe they’re uninterested in us because we’re too stupid for them to even imagine having a conversation. You don’t walk by worms and go “Gee I wonder what the worm is thinking.” This is just not a thought that you have! So one of the best pieces of evidence for why we haven’t been visited by aliens is that they have actually observed us, and concluded there is no intelligent sign of life on earth." ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson aka the mf gawd

fukk yall waiting for :edlovamayne: go see it asap :goddamnisaygoddamnmayne:
Having no sense of scale deflates the tension though and makes the creature incredibly boring. When you can just go "its as smart as the script needs it to be for any and every situation", I immediately check out because at that point, it can literally do anything and be justified. Need it to build an atomic bomb? It can do that. Need it know how to program facebook? It can do that. Need it to know how to play chess? It can do that. Why? No scale of intelligence, it can do anything!

Reminds me of the kid that everyone knew on the playground that made up his powers as he went along. So you got super-speed, indestructible skin, the ability to communicate with animals, and the genius to build any technology you want in 5 seconds?
4CRsapa.png
Pick a few powers and work within that:stopitslime:

I get the whole concept of any advanced aliens' technology would appear indistinguishable from magic, and that could be applied to intelligence too, but even that has a limit for fiction imo, before the suspension of disbelief just breaks. I need some kind of frame of reference for this intelligence to work within, especially in a film that's going for a hard sci-fi tone. The second I start buying the "intelligence" that this thing displays, it makes me wonder why the fukk it couldn't get to earth in the first place. Because the things it just magically knows should have been lent itself to getting to a survivable planet.

Anyway I liked the part of the movie where the alien was small. Didn't like it past the point where it grew a face.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Yeah but when the cells first started forming they mentioned that his body is all brain and simultaneously all muscle. Add in the fact that he was interacting with his environment almost immediately was there way of suggesting that we should extrapolate as he grew.
Yeah I get it but,
how the hell does somthing that never interacted with something sharp before know thats what it does.

Ummmm wha?
Only thing it did on purpose that you talking about was piercing the glove. It didnt fly the ship or

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Having no sense of scale deflates the tension though and makes the creature incredibly boring. When you can just go "its as smart as the script needs it to be for any and every situation", I immediately check out because at that point, it can literally do anything and be justified. Need it to build an atomic bomb? It can do that. Need it know how to program facebook? It can do that. Need it to know how to play chess? It can do that. Why? No scale of intelligence, it can do anything!

Reminds me of the kid that everyone knew on the playground that made up his powers as he went along. So you got super-speed, indestructible skin, the ability to communicate with animals, and the genius to build any technology you want in 5 seconds?
4CRsapa.png
Pick a few powers and work within that:stopitslime:

I get the whole concept of any advanced aliens' technology would appear indistinguishable from magic, and that could be applied to intelligence too, but even that has a limit for fiction imo, before the suspension of disbelief just breaks. I need some kind of frame of reference for this intelligence to work within, especially in a film that's going for a hard sci-fi tone. The second I start buying the "intelligence" that this thing displays, it makes me wonder why the fukk it couldn't get to earth in the first place. Because the things it just magically knows should have been lent itself to getting to a survivable planet.

Anyway I liked the part of the movie where the alien was small. Didn't like it past the point where it grew a face.
I didn't write the film :hubie: I get how the creature just seems too smart, at some points i was like :astrodahellmayne: this calvin mf is a cottdamn genius

maybe it didn't wanna get burnt like a mf on the way to the planet, he wanted a heat shield? and maybe he wanted jake gyllenhall as a food source just in case he got there and was in the middle of nowhere? i dunno breh. shyt is a mystery. but the thought of a smart azz alien who can figure all our shyt out (while insane as hell) is still spooky as hell and riveting:bishopeddiemayne:. Yeah I didn't like the part where it grew a face either. if every fukking cell in your body is basically an eye wtf you need a face for? I'm guessing it literally absorbs nutrients through its surface layer of cells so tf it need a mouth for? or maybe it saw that humans were communicating with the face and decided it wanted one? i dunno but it's scary thinking about it :chillhov:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I didn't write the film :hubie: I get how the creature just seems too smart, at some points i was like :astrodahellmayne: this calvin mf is a cottdamn genius

maybe it didn't wanna get burnt like a mf on the way to the planet, he wanted a heat shield? and maybe he wanted jake gyllenhall as a food source just in case he got there and was in the middle of nowhere? i dunno breh. shyt is a mystery. but the thought of a smart azz alien who can figure all our shyt out (while insane as hell) is still spooky as hell and riveting:bishopeddiemayne:. Yeah I didn't like the part where it grew a face either. if every fukking cell in your body is basically an eye wtf you need a face for? I'm guessing it literally absorbs nutrients through its surface layer of cells so tf it need a mouth for? or maybe it saw that humans were communicating with the face and decided it wanted one? i dunno but it's scary thinking about it :chillhov:
I've been looking for a pic of this fukking Calvin's face and I can't find one

:mindblown:

Nowhere online

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
For all the people complaining about

How smart calvin was... They literally explain its possibilities of intelligence in the beginning of the movie. They basically said it was one big brain, one big eye, etc...

I agree that they shouldn't have given it a face like that but it is what it is.

Overall, it was pretty decent. fukked up in ways but it is what it is. I would watch a sequel

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Great Movie!! Loved it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would hate sitting posting on the Coli only to find out that the earth is in peril because some fukk boys couldn't space an Alien after determining it was hostile :francis:

That mouse died for nothing:rip:

I would have spaced the alien as soon as it broke brehs hand.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
For all the people complaining about

How smart calvin was... They literally explain its possibilities of intelligence in the beginning of the movie. They basically said it was one big brain, one big eye, etc...

I agree that they shouldn't have given it a face like that but it is what it is.

Overall, it was pretty decent. fukked up in ways but it is what it is. I would watch a sequel

Thank you. They set the premise. Just enjoy the movie and keep it moving. :yeshrug:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Great Movie!! Loved it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would hate sitting posting on the Coli only to find out that the earth is in peril because some fukk boys couldn't space an Alien after determining it was hostile :francis:

That mouse died for nothing:rip:

I would have spaced the alien as soon as it broke brehs hand.
I was wondering if they had a way of floating that entire lab because as soon as it killed Ryan Reynolds I would've let that whole shyt go into outer space...

And Ryan shouldve just tried to dip as soon as the heat got it away from the door... Then none of that shyt mightve never happened

I didn't catch the end soon enough until I saw the fishermen... Then I was like "the wrong pod landed on earth :francis:"

Makes me think these fukkers better not be up there really fukking around like that

Overall it was more than decent now that I think about it. Good movie... Not great or that rememberable imo unless they decide to make a sequel because I would love to see what happens next.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
that it was already alive on mars... It survived up there but it/they (should be more of them) was in hibernate state while on mars. It goes into hibernation like it did when the machine fukked up without oxygen/carbon dioxide. So for all we know, its species could've been alive for millions of years and possibly could've destroyed whatever civilization was originally on mars. They couldn't kill it at all really, even leaving it out in space for a long period of time didn't kill it