"Life"- Sci fi/Space movie feat Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds (Trailer)

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I dug it. Wish they would have refrained from letting Calvin grow into something with a "face" though. The design for the first half of the movie was much more interesting.

That last overhead shot was :ohlawd: though

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
My girl called it a troll movie

I'm like
you don't get tired of the typical happy ending where the white girl will make it alive? If not the white girl then the white male?
i like it when the white folks die in the ending :lolbron:
like cabin in the woods when the all cac cast died :banderas:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I dug it. Wish they would have refrained from letting Calvin grow into something with a "face" though. The design for the first half of the movie was much more interesting.

That last overhead shot was :ohlawd: though
*waits for sig update*

Deciding between this and Kong tomorrow

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Looking back

I know the alien was smart, but did it know gyllenhal and the other lady's plan? Calvin ripped Jakes hand off the joystick so he couldn't fly into deep space :lupe:

I enjoyed the experience of watching this movie

But afterwards, the more I thought about the worse it seemed. The plot is just overly convoluted in favour of Calvin. Every little thing that had to go its way just did.

The ending had me like WTF? too. How did Jake's pod end up on Earth? We clearly saw the dude directing and moving his pod away from the planet. You telling me Calvin knew how to pilot that fukking thing and re-directed it? :comeon:

I kind of don't mind that the white woman went flying off into space cause we did see her hitting some debris but then again, when her screen came back on, it showed she was still on course to make it back, so yeah...ending felt pretty cheap to me. :francis:

How will Calvin even move around on Earth? Will it be restricted to the oceans? Unless it's in a state of evolution and that wasn't its final form.

That fukking scientist dude pissed me off too, talking about "He doesn't hate us, he's just doing what he must to survive" :hhh:

Worst death for me was probably a tie between Reynolds :sadcam:and that lady who drowned in her helmet :mjcry:.

What they did well though was show how "human" the characters were. Besides Reynolds and Jake at the end there was nobody trying to be hero. I mean dudes wouldn't hesitate to shut the door on you or ditch your ass if Calvin latched on to you, on some "sorry, breh :hubie:" tip.

The cast too was pretty believable too. I like that they were all in their 30s - 50's and there was no obvious eye-candy casting. Although I thought that Russian lady who drowned in her helmet was quite something, if I'm being honest :ehh:

Overall, I would give it a generous 6/10

That's what bugs me most about the ending. For me it was a big load of :stopitslime:. How the fukk could it have been smart enough to know what he was doing, then actively reroute it for earth? Because it certainly didn't hear their plan.

Now if we're supposed to believe it was smart enough to pilot a space shuttle within 2 minutes of being inside it, surely it would have been smart enough to communicate with the crew after being onboard the ship for a few weeks and overhearing their other conversations. :comeon:
I agree about it bring way to smart but I dont think he piloted it towards Earth. He just grabbed his hands on some "fukk what you doing" shyt :pachaha:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Life is better....but man Kong has some fukking spectacular visuals and action sequences. If you'll miss Kong in theaters otherwise, see that.
fukk it I might double feature. New temporary work schedule been kicking my ass. I haven't seen anything since Logan :francis:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Life is better....but man Kong has some fukking spectacular visuals and action sequences. If you'll miss Kong in theaters otherwise, see that.

This wasn't better than Kong, breh. That movie had a personality.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I agree about it bring way to smart but I dont think he piloted it towards Earth. He just grabbed his hands on some "fukk what you doing" shyt :pachaha:

Calvin :banderas:

the pods autopilot to earth so no controls necessary after he fukked up dudes hand

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats how you end a fukking movie :ohlawd:
Really liked the design of the martian.
Only gripe was this thing was way to smart :francis:
Why was that a problem? I'm just trying to figure out why people don't like an alien to be smarter than the crew.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Why was that a problem? I'm just trying to figure out why people don't like an alien to be smarter than the crew.
Not really a problem.....
But when Cal was trying to get out the glove it immediately tried cutting its way out. How does it even know to do that :dead:
It didn't take away from the movie, just a lil plot hole.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But when Cal was trying to get out the glove it immediately tried cutting its way out. How does it even know to do that :dead:
I wouldn't really call it a plot hole considering it's a movie about an intelligent alien with evil intentions. There's no realistic scale to say just how intelligent or observant an alien is.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I wouldn't really call it a plot hole considering it's a movie about an intelligent alien with evil intentions. There's no realistic scale to say just how intelligent or observant an alien is.
The way they showed it could've been better:ld:
Still loved the movie tho.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah but when the cells first started forming they mentioned that his body is all brain and simultaneously all muscle. Add in the fact that he was interacting with his environment almost immediately was there way of suggesting that we should extrapolate as he grew.