"Life"- Sci fi/Space movie feat Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds (Trailer)

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Why does it feel like this is an "Alien" rip off? Don't get me wrong, Im a sucker for Sci-Fi / Alien movies, but the premise seems all too familiar. Crew out in space discover a life form, bring it on the ship, all hell breaks loose. :sas1:
how exactly should an alien in a spaceship be introduced in a horror

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was a pretty good scifi horror flick. I thought it was funny when the japanese dude hid in his sleep pod and the calvin couldn't find a way in so he stared him down on some
D0sewyX.gif

Just to think, it all started because the alien was grumpy from being tased awake.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I thought it was a pretty good scifi horror flick. I thought it was funny when the japanese dude hid in his sleep pod and the calvin couldn't find a way in so he stared him down on some
D0sewyX.gif

Just to think, it all started because the alien was grumpy from being tased awake.
disgusting transparent starfish breh was just trying to sleep, but breh had to apply that voltage right to the breh. calvin woke right the fukk up and was like :whatmoney::ufdup: snip snap crackle

one of the creepiest parts of the film was when the fukking alien tried to escape through the glove, realized it couldn't, then grabbed the pointy broken mini taser and then pierced that shyt
full

Gospel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
6 Mile
disgusting transparent starfish breh was just trying to sleep, but breh had to apply that voltage right to the breh. calvin woke right the fukk up and was like :whatmoney::ufdup: snip snap crackle

one of the creepiest parts of the film was when the fukking alien tried to escape through the glove, realized it couldn't, then grabbed the pointy broken mini taser and then pierced that shyt
full
Right?

This was legit one of the creepiest theater experiences I can remember in a while.

The moments where he wasn't even hurting people but just crawling over them.

And there was one scene where Gyllenhall
has a piece of floating debris hit him and he just panicked like a little kid
was just so real.

I liked the movie and I might even love it.

Just the balls it took to put out a big budget movie THIS bleak and mean spirited.

Too bad it's not doing so hot.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right?

This was legit one of the creepiest theater experiences I can remember in a while.

was just so real.

Just the balls it took to put out a big budget movie THIS bleak and mean spirited.

Alot of people hate it because they compare it to alien. I also hear people complain about the ending. I personally loved the ending.

Gospel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
6 Mile
Alot of people hate it because they compare it to alien. I also hear people complain about the ending. I personally loved the ending.
I can see that. It does share a lot of similarities. Just bit (a very little bit) more surface realistic.

It's actually kind of a synthesis of Alien and Carpenter's The Thing. But those two are classics of the genre and Alien made a huge impact on popular culture in general. Not too much is going to compare favorably to that. It stomps Prometheus in it's a$$hole though. Life felt like the movie that should have been.

And the ending should have been obvious but I honestly didn't see it coming till about 5 seconds before it happened.

They're not about to do this:aicmon:

Nah, they can't :whoa:

THE GIRL TOO!!!
:damn:

tumblr_m42v0t8A0b1qjemo2o1_400.gif

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Right?

was just so real.

it was the first film i saw in the cinema where i legit had my mouth open in anticipation/fear of what was gonna happen.
and that part when
the female quarantine officer spotted the paralyzed breh's legs moving like :blackplatomayne: wtf is that.. and then when she opened up his pant leg
full
full
full
full
x1000
i literally jumped back in my seat like :chillhov::chillhov::chillhov::chillhov: fukk that fukk that fukk that

no lie, when gyllenhall flinched when that object touched him i was like :Mjomfgmayne: i would've screamed like a thot

meh,
people like happy endings where humans win. plus the obvious comparisons to alien

my girl was hiding her face and whimpering throughout most of the movie :mjlol: i told her it was a movie where scientists discover life on mars (i wasn't lying :umad:) but didn't tell her anything else :lolbron:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
This movie was light. Cast was bland. Couldn't really feel any kind of friendship or camaraderie. The space station could have felt like a tight, claustrophobic environment to get stuck in but I didn't feel none of that. directing was just uninspired in general. Someone should have told Ryan Reynolds to stop doing that Ryan Reynolds shyt he does. Man I hate that dude

The ending was lit though I'm not gonna lie

Salute to Calvin:pachaha:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was the first film i saw in the cinema where i legit had my mouth open in anticipation/fear of what was gonna happen.
and that part when
the female quarantine officer spotted the paralyzed breh's legs moving like :blackplatomayne: wtf is that.. and then when she opened up his pant leg
full
full
full
full
x1000
i literally jumped back in my seat like :chillhov::chillhov::chillhov::chillhov: fukk that fukk that fukk that

no lie, when gyllenhall flinched when that object touched him i was like :Mjomfgmayne: i would've screamed like a thot

meh,
people like happy endings where humans win. plus the obvious comparisons to alien

my girl was hiding her face and whimpering throughout most of the movie :mjlol: i told her it was a movie where scientists discover life on mars (i wasn't lying :umad:) but didn't tell her anything else :lolbron:
My girl called it a troll movie

I'm like
you don't get tired of the typical happy ending where the white girl will make it alive? If not the white girl then the white male?

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I can see that. It does share a lot of similarities. Just bit (a very little bit) more surface realistic.

It's actually kind of a synthesis of Alien and Carpenter's The Thing. But those two are classics of the genre and Alien made a huge impact on popular culture in general. Not too much is going to compare favorably to that. It stomps Prometheus in it's a$$hole though. Life felt like the movie that should have been.

And the ending should have been obvious but I honestly didn't see it coming till about 5 seconds before it happened.

They're not about to do this:aicmon:

Nah, they can't :whoa:

THE GIRL TOO!!!
:damn:

tumblr_m42v0t8A0b1qjemo2o1_400.gif

Looking back

I know the alien was smart, but did it know gyllenhal and the other lady's plan? Calvin ripped Jakes hand off the joystick so he couldn't fly into deep space :lupe:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
came in here to see wat the coli thought and of course a complete fukkboy had to spoil shyt.....never again

@hex niccas flat out spoiling deaths in threads. I need a warning shot out or something. I got one for some vague shyt in the BvS thread :francis:
I straight up skipped their posts

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed the experience of watching this movie

But afterwards, the more I thought about the worse it seemed. The plot is just overly convoluted in favour of Calvin. Every little thing that had to go its way just did.

The ending had me like WTF? too. How did Jake's pod end up on Earth? We clearly saw the dude directing and moving his pod away from the planet. You telling me Calvin knew how to pilot that fukking thing and re-directed it? :comeon:

I kind of don't mind that the white woman went flying off into space cause we did see her hitting some debris but then again, when her screen came back on, it showed she was still on course to make it back, so yeah...ending felt pretty cheap to me. :francis:

How will Calvin even move around on Earth? Will it be restricted to the oceans? Unless it's in a state of evolution and that wasn't its final form.

That fukking scientist dude pissed me off too, talking about "He doesn't hate us, he's just doing what he must to survive" :hhh:

Worst death for me was probably a tie between Reynolds :sadcam:and that lady who drowned in her helmet :mjcry:.

What they did well though was show how "human" the characters were. Besides Reynolds and Jake at the end there was nobody trying to be hero. I mean dudes wouldn't hesitate to shut the door on you or ditch your ass if Calvin latched on to you, on some "sorry, breh :hubie:" tip.

The cast too was pretty believable too. I like that they were all in their 30s - 50's and there was no obvious eye-candy casting. Although I thought that Russian lady who drowned in her helmet was quite something, if I'm being honest :ehh:

Overall, I would give it a generous 6/10

Looking back

I know the alien was smart, but did it know gyllenhal and the other lady's plan? Calvin ripped Jakes hand off the joystick so he couldn't fly into deep space :lupe:

That's what bugs me most about the ending. For me it was a big load of :stopitslime:. How the fukk could it have been smart enough to know what he was doing, then actively reroute it for earth? Because it certainly didn't hear their plan.

Now if we're supposed to believe it was smart enough to pilot a space shuttle within 2 minutes of being inside it, surely it would have been smart enough to communicate with the crew after being onboard the ship for a few weeks and overhearing their other conversations. :comeon:

Last edited:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the experience of watching this movie

But afterwards, the more I thought about the worse it seemed. The plot is just overly convoluted in favour of Calvin. Every little thing that had to go its way just did.

The ending had me like WTF? too. How did Jake's pod end up on Earth? We clearly saw the dude directing and moving his pod away from the planet. You telling me Calvin knew how to pilot that fukking thing and re-directed it? :comeon:

I kind of don't mind that the white woman went flying off into space cause we did see her hitting some debris but then again, when her screen came back on, it showed she was still on course to make it back, so yeah...ending felt pretty cheap to me. :francis:

How will Calvin even move around on Earth? Will it be restricted to the oceans? Unless it's in a state of evolution and that wasn't its final form.

That fukking scientist dude pissed me off too, talking about "He doesn't hate us, he's just doing what he must to survive" :hhh:

Worst death for me was probably a tie between Reynolds :sadcam:and that lady who drowned in her helmet :mjcry:.

What they did well though was show how "human" the characters were. Besides Reynolds and Jake at the end there was nobody trying to be hero. I mean dudes wouldn't hesitate to shut the door on you or ditch your ass if Calvin latched on to you, on some "sorry, breh :hubie:" tip.

The cast too was pretty believable too. I like that they were all in their 30s - 50's and there was no obvious eye-candy casting. Although I thought that Russian lady who drowned in her helmet was quite something, if I'm being honest :ehh:

Overall, I would give it a generous 6/10

That's what bugs me most about the ending. For me it was a big load of :stopitslime:. How the fukk could it have been smart enough to know what he was doing, then actively reroute it for earth? Because it certainly didn't hear their plan.

Now if we're supposed to believe it was smart enough to pilot a space shuttle within 2 minutes of being inside it, surely it would have been smart enough to communicate with the crew after being onboard the ship for a few weeks and overhearing their other conversations. :comeon:

I enjoyed the fact that instead of the people making it at the last minute or everything working out for them due to luck, that this was flipped for calvin instead.

I think they are trying to imply that calvin is indeed smarter than humans and was like, "nah breh, I might needed that lil heat from that light, but I know what you're up too".