Life is Strange | Episode One Out ! TIME TRAVEL BREHS !

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
IMO Max should have stayed in SF :manny:

Exactly, I still don't understand why no one in that town didn't just leave, like how hard is it to get in a car and drive away from a Tornado that's moving slow af. And the crazy thing is that it's coming from the ocean so you can see it far away :dead:

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
8/10 overall

twd season 1 >>> life is strange >>>> wolf among us >>>> twd season 2

saved chloe... thats the decision i wouldve made in real life. selfish? of course. but when people say they would do anything for the people they love, do they really mean it? chloe is someone max loved. a harsh thing to say, but she doesnt love everyone else in town. a truly shytty decision, but a human one in my opinion

and the save arcadia decision did seem like the one the game wanted you to pick

the flashlight section was fukking horrendous though

the other nightmare sections were well done. a lot of "what the fukk is going on" factor

the decision did matter, but only to a small extent. wish theyre were more endings

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I thought it was a decent ending, once the choice popped up I felt it would've been better if the game decided the ending on its own based on your previous choices.

There were more than enough instances spread over the episodes where you'd pick Chloe's side or not, so they could've used your choices there to determine which option your Max would go with. The choices you made in previous games still only affected the dialogues really, so there was a real opportunity there to stray away from the multiple choice "pick your ending" that so many of these games fall back to.

Although The Walking Dead's first season had more emotional moments, I thought this game was far better gameplay wise.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Ok i gotta ask whats with all the TWD season 2 hate?

Don't think it's really hated, it's just a weaker game compared to Season 1, The Wolf Among Us and Tales From The Borderlands.

-worse and more annoying supporting characters (how the hell is Clem the most grown-up character and carrying the whole story?)
-more people got annoyed that choices don't really matter in Telltale games (starts in the very first scene where you can't prevent Omid's death; plus the choices and characters from 400 Days being irrelevant; etc.)
-writing is better in the three games I mentioned above, some people even think there are two teams at Telltale and the "inferior"/"B" team is responsible for Season 2 and Game Of Thrones

I think the last episode was great (one of Telltale's best), but all in all the season was subpar compared to season 1.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
When they make a new LiS, I think I would prefer a whole different cast and a new setting instead of continuing Max's story or some other character from season 1. Maybe they could even introduce a whole new power other than rewind.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
When they make a new LiS, I think I would prefer a whole different cast and a new setting instead of continuing Max's story or some other character from season 1. Maybe they could even introduce a whole new power other than rewind.
I agree. I want new characters. The current ones have run their course

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I want t be able to rewind manually moments before I die. Seems that just before Max gets hurt the game pauses automatically. There should be a game over screen if you're too slow.:upsetfavre:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I want t be able to rewind manually moments before I die. Seems that just before Max gets hurt the game pauses automatically. There should be a game over screen if you're too slow.:upsetfavre:

The screen pausing in white/grey pretty much is a game over screen. But there's no point in a game over screen if you have to reload and know when to rewind, especially in scenarios where you have to use multiple rewinds which would become tedious if a game over screen got in the way. Think of:

the scene where David fights Jefferson. That whole scene is built on rewinding time and time again using the knowledge of each moment in the fight to give David the advantage.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Ok i gotta ask whats with all the TWD season 2 hate?

Story and characters were nowhere near as good, choices were barely there and when they were there barely matter, zero gameplay since most of the game was just walking from one dialog to another, there were no puzzles whatsoever, it was just 'go find this, interact with it' *trigger cut scene*. It was a completely empty experience.