Life is Strange | Episode One Out ! TIME TRAVEL BREHS !

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I played this game from start to finish a little over a week ago. And what a ride it was. It sounds like they might end up doing a sequel, but I like the idea of them doing a completely new cast. Everybody's story is done and has run its course, unless they wanna do a sequel where...

They do a "What If?" story line where Max chooses to save Chloe instead of Arcadia. The game could explain how and why Max got her powers, and maybe go into depth with her own family. Maybe give Chloe a power (Fast Forward power to compliment Max's Rewind and be some sort of tag-team of time lol), and explain why the tornado won't be coming for her anymore on some Equivalent Exchange shyt but on a grander scale. Have Warren and Joyce be somehow alive, and they all move to where Max was before the events of LIS. Maybe even have a plot point where this time, you have to save Max, and Chloe's the one you're playing as. :yeshrug: But I think it'd probably work out better if they just did a fresh new cast. Easier to work with.

Superstar
Daps
Last ep was :ld:

1. They never explained how or why Max got her powers
2. The Chloe/Arcadia Bay/Chaos Theory effect thing was bullshyt and ex-machina at its finest
3. Why couldn't you save Chloe and just warn everybody about the storm?
4. The storytelling was a mess. We jumped around timelines like 5 times and only the last two times did it actually matter
5. The dream sequence was cool but it also had no point. Why did she dream about all that weird shyt? The stealth part was scust as well
6. So Jefferson is hit with a single punch and that's the end of his chapter :francis: He didn't even get brought down/die the way a main antagonist should in a large story.
7. The save Chloe ending is absolute basura. Its not a happy ending at all and everybody else is presumed dead. At least with save Arcadia Bay you get an emotional result with real heartfelt implications.
8. Nobody's story was even wrapped up nicely. Warren and Max aren't seen together in either ending, Chloe's mom just gets the bushes. I would say only Frank had a nice resolve
9. More complaints I can't name off the top of my head

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

2. The Chloe/Arcadia Bay/Chaos Theory effect thing was bullshyt and ex-machina at its finest
4. The storytelling was a mess. We jumped around timelines like 5 times and only the last two times did it actually matter
5. The dream sequence was cool but it also had no point. Why did she dream about all that weird shyt? The stealth part was scust as well
6. So Jefferson is hit with a single punch and that's the end of his chapter :francis: He didn't even get brought down/die the way a main antagonist should in a large story.
7. The save Chloe ending is absolute basura. Its not a happy ending at all and everybody else is presumed dead. At least with save Arcadia Bay you get an emotional result with real heartfelt implications.
8. Nobody's story was even wrapped up nicely. Warren and Max aren't seen together in either ending, Chloe's mom just gets the bushes. I would say only Frank had a nice resolve

Yeah. All in all, it fell pretty flat imo. There were scenes that made it next level, but the climax and the realization that this is exactly what you had to do and you knew it was coming from the jump... I feel it could've been done way better.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I guerss one could say that...

Life is strange? Pa-dum-tssh!

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You can tell by the endings which one you were supposed to pick

just finished the game.

Chapter 5 was clearly rushed and not polished for whatever reason. But you can tell that the real ending was supposed to be a supernatural Native American element as a well as it being connected to the Prescott family. Unfortunately they abandoned all that in episode 5.

But in the rushed episode 5 ending;
It has been foreshadowed that chloe was supposed to die throughout the game (all that graffiti shyt saying "let me die" etc etc), we saved her from death constantly in the game, plus the storm started because he she was saved in ep 1.

But since Chloe is suppose to die on some final destination tip, i think death still comes for her in the bae>bay ending :jbhmm:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Just finished the final episode. Predictable conclusion but that didn't soften the blow at all.

:wow:

This was the worst episode imo and the nightmare sequence went on for ten minutes too long but that ending hit you in the gut, especially if you

Allow Chloe to die in order to save Arcadia Bay

I read that season 2 is confirmed and it'll likely be new characters entirely.
Makes sense since Max's story is done one way or another.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all probably aren't going to be interested, but I felt this should probably be posted since it's LIS related anyway.

There's a team of people who made a fan made game called "love is strange". I'll just copy and paste the description.

Link to the fan-made game if y'all are interested: Downloads

WHAT IS LOVE IS STRANGE?
Love is Strange is a visual novel taking place in an alternate universe ofLife is Strange that lets you take control of of Max Caulfield once again, now in her second year at Blackwell Academy. Max has spent the last year reuniting with her best friend, Chloe Price, and meeting and getting to know the other students at Blackwell, like Kate Marsh, Rachel Amber, and Victoria Chase.

Much of this visual novel’s backstory is roughly the same as presented in Life is Strange, with Max returning to her hometown, Arcadia Bay, from five years spent living in Seattle. Max has had a lifelong dream of pursuing a career in photography, which is the focus of her studies at Blackwell. At the beginning of Love is Strange, Max is presented with an opportunity to enter a photography contest- one that necessitates picking a partner. What happens from there on out is up to you.

This game falls under the ‘dating sim’ category of visual novels, although there is barely any emphasis on dating and the storylines are more about fostering trust and positive relationships. There are four different characters in the game with storylines to pursue (Chloe, Kate, Victoria, and Rachel), and nine different endings. The player will be able to make dialogue and action decisions throughout the game that have a real impact on the direction of the story and relationship being developed.

The alternate universe in Love is Strange is one without time travel, secret conspiracies, or hidden bunkers- the plot of the original game does not factor in whatsoever, although you will find nods to it here and there. You don’t actually have to have played Life is Strange to be able to play this fangame; while there are tons of references within the VN to the original game and all characters stay true to their original selves, all of the information you will need to know about them is in the visual novel. The setting of this VN is peaceful, without any of the pain and suffering the characters endured in the original game. By reshaping certain events of the original game and eliminating certain characters, like Mark Jefferson (who has been replaced by an analogue in the form of Hot Dog Man), we have been able to keep Rachel very much alive, for example, and prevent Chloe from being shot at the beginning of Life is Strange.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
just finished the game.

Chapter 5 was clearly rushed and not polished for whatever reason. But you can tell that the real ending was supposed to be a supernatural Native American element as a well as it being connected to the Prescott family. Unfortunately they abandoned all that in episode 5.

But in the rushed episode 5 ending;
It has been foreshadowed that chloe was supposed to die throughout the game (all that graffiti shyt saying "let me die" etc etc), we saved her from death constantly in the game, plus the storm started because he she was saved in ep 1.

But since Chloe is suppose to die on some final destination tip, i think death still comes for her in the bae>bay ending :jbhmm:

This is why choosing to save Chloe could actually be worse than just killing her off. There were so many times she almost had her body caught (or actually DID, depending on certain choices), so I don't think it would've ended at Arcadia Bay getting destroyed.

For all we know, she could end up getting killed by eating some funky-ass cheeseburger. :manny:

But for the Native American element part, that would've made the ending ten times better. :whoo: I thought they were heading in that way too because of Samuel's affinity for nature and that statue in the courtyard that Max comments on. They could've added a Native American character (or just make Warren one), and had Chapter 5 delve deeper into the symbolism behind it. Maybe have some sort of spirit guide intervene (Rachel Amber, maybe?) and stop Max during the whole Nightmare sequence to let her know what the deal is. I feel like Chapters 4 and 5 could be rewritten to have it much stronger, but I heard the budget was an issue and that's why it feels the way it does.

There were so many things they didn't really look into for the game, like Nathan's backstory and all that. But I guess since it's more of a "smaller scale" game, there was only so much they could do.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Just watched a Youtube playthrough of this, so maybe my criticism is not as valid as it may have been had I actually played, but I must say, this game seemed like garbage to me

Terrible script, shyt just doesn't make sense most of the time.

I mean you have animals randomly dying, people going missing, guns going missing, people bringing guns to school, unexplained eclipses/snow, cops on the take, step-fathers installing hidden cameras in their step-daughter's room and all other kinds of shyt going on but you just never get the sense that the characters are overly disturbed by what's going on around them, it's just, "Oh well, another day in little old Arcadia Bay:manny:" :mindblown:

The only thing that seemed to get feathers ruffled was Kate's suicide attempt.

Complimenting the awful script was some equally terrible voice acting and lip synching. It was straight up :scust: Felt like a bunch of people just reading lines off a page. Pretty sure they didn't even capture the dialogue in the same room/at the same time.

Why didn't Max just warn everybody about the storm? :rudy:

She saw the Storm in episode 1 and the only time she really thought about it again was half way through episode 5:rudy:

Chloe was an awful and annoying character. No ways would I have picked her over Arcadia Bay:camby:

Also, choices don't mean shyt at all. I know people say that about TWD but at least there, your choices remain, even if they don't have a big impact on the story in the long run. This game straight up erases any choices you make in the previous 4 episodes:rudy:

In a nutshell, this seems like some hot:trash: to me. Awful, just awful:scust:

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
Just watched a Youtube playthrough of this, so maybe my criticism is not as valid as it may have been had I actually played, but I must say, this game seemed like garbage to me

Terrible script, shyt just doesn't make sense most of the time.

I mean you have animals randomly dying, people going missing, guns going missing, people bringing guns to school, unexplained eclipses/snow, cops on the take, step-fathers installing hidden cameras in their step-daughter's room and all other kinds of shyt going on but you just never get the sense that the characters are overly disturbed by what's going on around them, it's just, "Oh well, another day in little old Arcadia Bay:manny:" :mindblown:

The only thing that seemed to get feathers ruffled was Kate's suicide attempt.

Complimenting the awful script was some equally terrible voice acting and lip synching. It was straight up :scust: Felt like a bunch of people just reading lines off a page. Pretty sure they didn't even capture the dialogue in the same room/at the same time.

Why didn't Max just warn everybody about the storm? :rudy:

She saw the Storm in episode 1 and the only time she really thought about it again was half way through episode 5:rudy:

Chloe was an awful and annoying character. No ways would I have picked her over Arcadia Bay:camby:

Also, choices don't mean shyt at all. I know people say that about TWD but at least there, your choices remain, even if they don't have a big impact on the story in the long run. This game straight up erases any choices you make in the previous 4 episodes:rudy:

In a nutshell, this seems like some hot:trash: to me. Awful, just awful:scust:

Lol gotta say I agree. Once I started I was only still playing it to see the ending. Music was mad depressing too