Life is Strange | Episode One Out ! TIME TRAVEL BREHS !

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Good episode, although I didn't think it was as good as 2 & 3.

It opened ridiculously strong with the paralyzed Chloe scenes leading up to that mindfukk of a choice (to kill or not to kill), but I thought it was kinda weak that you immediately went back to the normal timeline, if only because I wanted to see what would happen next (I thought Max was going to be unable to travel back through the picture again). After this the episode slows down quite a bit (lots of talking, not much vital information) and didn't really pick up for me until you've rounded up all the clues and have to start putting them together. I also hated the fact I had to go through that fukking Frank conversation like eight times to get the 'no fight' result because every itty bitty off answer would trigger the fight.

The emphasis on Nathan's issues also made me jump back on my suspicions as far back as episode 2 that Jefferson was the real bad guy. As I said here, Life is Strange | Episode One Out ! TIME TRAVEL BREHS !, Nathan and David were such obvious red herrings that there really was never any doubt that it had to be him.

And yeah, Max and Chloe were on that dumb shyt. Don't call cops, get a text message literally telling them he's destroying evidence and not just save the text message and again call the cops. Or fukk, call David, or Frank, or Warren.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Good episode, although I didn't think it was as good as 2 & 3.

It opened ridiculously strong with the paralyzed Chloe scenes leading up to that mindfukk of a choice (to kill or not to kill), but I thought it was kinda weak that you immediately went back to the normal timeline, if only because I wanted to see what would happen next (I thought Max was going to be unable to travel back through the picture again). After this the episode slows down quite a bit (lots of talking, not much vital information) and didn't really pick up for me until you've rounded up all the clues and have to start putting them together. I also hated the fact I had to go through that fukking Frank conversation like eight times to get the 'no fight' result because every itty bitty off answer would trigger the fight.

The emphasis on Nathan's issues also made me jump back on my suspicions as far back as episode 2 that Jefferson was the real bad guy. As I said here, Life is Strange | Episode One Out ! TIME TRAVEL BREHS !, Nathan and David were such obvious red herrings that there really was never any doubt that it had to be him.

And yeah, Max and Chloe were on that dumb shyt. Don't call cops, get a text message literally telling them he's destroying evidence and not just save the text message and again call the cops. Or fukk, call David, or Frank, or Warren.
Kind of reminds you that they're just kids when it comes down to it. Max may have moments of brilliance like in Episode 2, but they don't know when they're in over their heads and admit that they need help.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Ending..

I blamed Jefferson originally in episode 2. Shocked that it was actually him.
David did say never trust a grown man with a goatee.
:francis:
Let's not even discuss what happened to Chloe.
:mjcry:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Oh, and suffice to say that if episode 5 ends strong, Telltale, Bioware, ect. are all companies that are going to have to step it up when it comes to player decision driven story branching.
I loved The Walking Dead. Loved Mass Effect. The branching here makes the "decisions" in those games laughable.
Dontnod has definitely shown them up. Me and my gf have our own separate playthroughs.
Hers is entirely and completely different than mine.
Telltale better stop taking shortcuts because that illusion of choice bs won't fly going forward depending on how DontNod ends this.
Everyone has been put on notice.

Superstar
Daps
On another note that soundtrack
beavis-butthead-rock-out-o.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Reading some pretty big rumors:

Lots of people think the picture taken right before the Vortex Club with Max, Chloe and Warren will be Max' point of return so she can stop Jefferson there. This is signified by the double moon they witness, foreshadowing the overlaps of the two timelines. :whoo:

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wow.... :wow:

this is already beating twd season 2.. easily

that fukking azzhole mark jefferson, i wanted to jump through the screen and body that hipster :pacspit:

or least get warren g on the case :pachaha:

chloe BETTER not be dead for good... but it might be looking that way :sadbron:

had the feels coming through when chloe asked max to kill her, when max let william die, when chloe cried when they found rachael

that fukkin piece of shyt jefferson :pacspit:

i did it coming since his vibe was way off this entire episode... this nikka showing up to a teenage party with drinking, drugs and sex going on. But i did not think they would've killed off rachael like that... the developers got balls to let the game go that dark (no pun intended)

i have NO clue how this is going to end

i just hope max and chloe make it out ok :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
wow.... :wow:

this is already beating twd season 2.. easily

that fukking azzhole mark jefferson, i wanted to jump through the screen and body that hipster :pacspit:

or least get warren g on the case :pachaha:

chloe BETTER not be dead for good... but it might be looking that way :sadbron:

had the feels coming through when chloe asked max to kill her, when max let william die, when chloe cried when they found rachael

that fukkin piece of shyt jefferson :pacspit:

i did it coming since his vibe was way off this entire episode... this nikka showing up to a teenage party with drinking, drugs and sex going on. But i did not think they would've killed off rachael like that... the developers got balls to let the game go that dark (no pun intended)

i have NO clue how this is going to end

i just hope max and chloe make it out ok :lupe:
Chloe is alive as long as Max is. She has a whole room full of selfies.

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh, and suffice to say that if episode 5 ends strong, Telltale, Bioware, ect. are all companies that are going to have to step it up when it comes to player decision driven story branching.
I loved The Walking Dead. Loved Mass Effect. The branching here makes the "decisions" in those games laughable.
Dontnod has definitely shown them up. Me and my gf have our own separate playthroughs.
Hers is entirely and completely different than mine.
Telltale better stop taking shortcuts because that illusion of choice bs won't fly going forward depending on how DontNod ends this.
Everyone has been put on notice.

how are your playthroughs different?

episode 4 spoliers below
my playthrough kate lives and we get an entire hospital scene with her, and we get a scene where chloe apologizes for being needy

how did it for you those who didnt save her?