Life is Strange | Episode One Out ! TIME TRAVEL BREHS !

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Ehhh depending on how LIS ends it might be >>>>> TWD S1

My main problem was that none of the decisions in TWD mattered. The story was great with Clem/Lee but besides that it was "Ok"

I don't really see how LiS decisions matter more than TWD though, both games are good enough to the point that they make you think your choices matter.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhh depending on how LIS ends it might be >>>>> TWD S1

My main problem was that none of the decisions in TWD mattered. The story was great with Clem/Lee but besides that it was "Ok"

Exactly. That is one of my problem with TWD and I was like :what: I guess whatever you choose won't matter anymore. Good story but shytty decisions in this...what's the point?....

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“I don’t want to spoil anything,” Baghadoust said. “We want the player to discover this when Episode 4 is gonna be released, so I don’t want to tell anything. I just want to tell that it’s going to be intense.

“So we had this [voice-over] recording session recently, and I was with the guys and I was, like, hiding tears because it was so intense and I didn’t want to show that I was crying. It’s going to be great.”

Last week at E3, Life Is Strange co-director Michel Koch revealed that the final two episodes would be released before the end of 2015 and that Dontnod Entertainment is nearing the end of development on Episode 4: Dark Room.

While an official release date has not been confirmed, Life Is Strange Episode 4: Dark Room will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dontnod Entertainment’s Life is Strange is certainly a flawed game, especially in regard to its dialogue, but there’s no denying that the French studio’s creation has something very few other major releases possess: heart. The game’s sense of empathy, combined with brilliant pacing, are nearly unmatched in the industry. Now, it appears Dontnod is being rewarded for its efforts at the U.K.-based Develop Awards.

The Develop Awards saw “more than 170 companies” attend, and 21 different awards were given out in total. Dontnod took home the “New Games IP- PC/Console” award for Life is Strange, and well as the “Use of Narrative” award. The game was the second-most recognized of the night, behind only last year’s surprise hit Alien: Isolation, which was honored multiple times for audio, as well as the use of a licensed IP.

Related: Remember Me dev announce episodic narrative experiment Life is Strange

But Alien: Isolation is a more traditional AAA game; it released all at once both digitally and through retail. Life is Strange takes an episodic approach, and it won its Develop Awards with two episodes remaining in what could be its first “season.” This release model has certainly garnered critical attention in other media, specifically television, which shows like Breaking Badand True Detective using the “next time” suspense to keep viewers from losing interest.

That was certainly the case with the end of Episode 3, titled Chaos Theory, but Dontnod has taken an unusually long time to release Episode 4. Previously, new episodes were released less than two months after the last one, but we are now approaching the two-month mark with no release date announced. Fortunately, it appears the wait it almost over, as the game’s official Twitter account revealed that the “final touches” are being put on the latest episode of Max and Chloe’s journey

Read more: Life is Strange wins big at Develop Awards, Episode 4 on its way
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook