Life expectancy map of America -- the sad south.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:

To be clear, I saw this on reddit and one of the comments said if you overlay a map of poverty, it would be nearly identical.
Health is wealth, kids.

t3dzdbmmrpg61.png
You seen mfers at 87?! Pass the butter I'm trying to check out before 70

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
If anything overeating does.

I dont even think its over eating

Wisconsin has some of the highest obesity rates in the country, but their life expectancy is no where as low as the southern states

Reread the OP

And hunger has a lot to do with how long people live, what an asinine statement

In 2022, 14.7 percent of households in rural areas experienced food insecurity compared to 12.5 percent of households in metro areas.
Geography: The food insecurity rate is highest in the South (14.5 percent), followed by the Midwest (12.4 percent), the Northeast (11.6 percent), and the West (11.2 percent).

Some of the most obese countries in the world are also the richest, like Kuwait

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Meanwhile in blue states
nikkas living in shoeboxes to survive
I live in a two family pre-war house my family owns it and my girl and I are about to buy another. I have 1 roommate right now my twin brother. I live in NYC and I have a backyard.

:why:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Reread my posts

Also, Google is free

Like what the fukk are we doing here:what:

Why the fukk would you argue against poverty and food insecurity/hunger going hand in hand and leading to early deaths? This is so basic that arguing against that fact is insanely retarded
From your link

Researchers also found estimated life expectancy at age 50 was 32.5 years among individuals with full food security, compared with 29.9 years among adults with marginal food security, 30 years among those with low food security and 28 years among individuals with very low food security.

So basically a few years and only 2.8 years on average for Black Americans. The difference between someone raised in the Northeast to someone raised in the South according to the map is verging on 20 years.

So no, food insecurity is not the answer for the discrepancy we are seeing between regions and cities.

Also describe how 20 billion is going to end hunger and how that ties into American foreign policy? Are you saying that we don’t have the money because it’s being spent elsewhere? What exactly is your point?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those same states have higher obesity rates. Are we talking about healthy food insecurity or just food insecurity in general.
The prevalence of obesity is higher in western states more than souther. Food insecurity is a factor here, healthy food insecurity doesn't exist. Food deserts are a problem in a lot of low income communities. The south being the poorest states means more food deserts and a higher propensity for unhealthy foods.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Need more context than a random map brehs

It seems for the most part that areas that are more highly and densely populated show a higher life expectancy because there are more elderly people that live in those areas, which skew the numbers.

Do you have any data to back up this claim?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
#1 you’re not American. You’re some sort of Pakistani or Arab on a Russia disinformation campaign. There’s no “we”.

#2 aid to Israel and Ukraine aren’t cash payments. Especially Ukraine which is literally just old tech.

#3 the U.S. GDP is 28 trillion dollars. 100 billion is nothing. U.S. farmers probably throw that away every year to keep the market balanced.

#4 what does “solve hunger” mean. Can you describe what solving hunger is?

Point #3 is the main reason I did an eye roll reading the guy you quoted.