Lets talk about KRS-One being the most overrated oldschool lyricist

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And KRS couldn't do what Rakim/Kane/G Rap did conceptually.

Have you heard that train wreck Spiritually Minded...he should of stayed out that lane and left that to Rakim.

KRS was the Scottie Pippen of Hip Hop...Jack of all Trades Master of One. He was Master Hip Hop Historian. Rakim/G Rap/Kane couldn't come close to funkin with KRS on that level and they were smart of enough to realize that and left that lane to KRS.
O i heard it alright, friend. :sitdown:

- :stylin:

:blessed:

KRS one has had more opportunities for albums that kind of fell short because he has, so many albums. Rakim didnt put in the work that KRS did despite being a legendary rapper.

KRS-ONE IS A BETTER MC THAN KANE, RAKIM, AND GRAP. Grap, kane and rakim are better technically than KRS but KRS songs are better, period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Grap is in another level altogether. If his beats were better, he'd get more nods. Technically hes not to be f'd with.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Rakim doesnt have wack albums friend. Is your stanning that deep? :wtf: Most of Rakims songs sound like freestyles. :skip:

The Master and The Seventh Seal pale in comparison to his previous 5 albums but they are no where near as wack as some of the albums KRS put out after i Got Next.

Damn from your perspective, I guess Rakim's freestyles are better than KRS's writtens:manny::smugdraper:

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
Now hold on there:whoa:Shammago. I promise you this aint no diss thread.

KRS-One was alot of things:
Dope Artist
Great Music
Elite Mic Presence
Dropped mad knowledge

But dude was also a very simple rhymer(which is fine) who always got credit for being an elite or complex rhymer on the level of his comtemporaries.

Rakim
Kool G. Rap
Big Daddy Kane
etc...

Dude wasn't no where near seeing those cats in that category of rhyming.

I bet most would put dude over the likes of Ice Cube or LL Cool J in that category simply based on reputation & subject matter. But I just don't hear it and never have.
Never got his appeal. I always though he was SUPERBLY overrated myself:manny:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Master and The Seventh Seal pale in comparison to his previous 5 albums but they are no where near as wack as some of the albums KRS put out after i Got Next.

Damn from your perspective, I guess Rakim's freestyles are better than KRS's writtens:manny::smugdraper:

Im just saying Rakim has no direction when he rhymes. He just sounds like hes rhyming. Its just an opinion, friend. Rakims status is solidified but KRS-ONE has done more for hiphop than rakim.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Grap is in another level altogether. If his beats were better, he'd get more nods. Technically hes not to be f'd with.

You weren't feeling the production for the most part on the 1st 5 G Rap albums.

Road To Riches had some pretty good production...wasn't Marley's best doing the Juice Crew era but dope nonetheless.

Wanted had gang dope to classic beats from Extra P

Live production sounds dated in quite few spots but trackmasters cuts were dope and when Jinx hit it was a home run

4,5,6 had some of my fav G Rap production from Buckwild and T Ray

Roots was hit or miss

After that his production has been disappointing unless ALC or Preemo was involved.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lord finesse was always nicer on the mic than krs one too. shiit, krs didnt start to really get lyrical with it it until i got next. anytime i seen people compare him to kool g rap on here id do this:comeon:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You weren't feeling the production for the most part on the 1st 5 G Rap albums.

Road To Riches had some pretty good production...wasn't Marley's best doing the Juice Crew era but dope nonetheless.

Wanted had gang dope to classic beats from Extra P

Live production sounds dated in quite few spots but trackmasters cuts were dope and when Jinx hit it was a home run

4,5,6 had some of my fav G Rap production from Buckwild and T Ray

Roots was hit or miss

After that his production has been disappointing unless ALC or Preemo was involved.
I think Graps production is spotty. The heights are so high and make everything else sound like *why cant all your music sound like this, friend* When i hear
and try to listen to some of his other material on the same album, its difficult. I like live and let die as an album more than his other albums side by side. 456 is second.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
lord finesse was always nicer on the mic than krs one too. shiit, krs didnt start to really get lyrical with it it until i got next. anytime i seen people compare him to kool g rap on here id do this:comeon:

KRS was always Lyrical(until after I Got Next) he just wasn't on that :mindblown: level like Rakim/G Rap/Kane. He stepped it up to me on his first solo in 93.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think Graps production is spotty. The heights are so high and make everything else sound like *why cant all your music sound like this, friend* When i hear Kool G RAP - A Thugs Love Story (Chapter I,II.III) - YouTube
and try to listen to some of his other material on the same album, its difficult. I like live and let die as an album more than his other albums side by side. 456 is second.

I see...as for that song...the Greatest Crime Yarn in Hip Hop history!!

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
However you want to gage it, dude wasn't rhyming like those cats, but seemingly was rated equally with them as a rhymer. Why is that? East Coast bias? I don't know.

KRS was one of the hardest though, but at some point it became accepted that he was one of the most elite rhymers of his day.

They were all NY rappers too though. :yeshrug: