Lets talk about how Ironman destroyed the rest of 96

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I was just playing I see what your saying but you was acting as if Ironman was some unknown entity and went unnoticed It could have been promoted better that's for sure but the 3 tracks I posted were well known by everybody that was a cognitive rap fan.

I mean if nobody knew about it how did it manage to debut at number 1 of the R&B and Rap chart and number 2 on the billboard 200 respectively?

C'mon I like 2pac like the next guy and like Snapple stated his death kind of overshadowed shyt but to pretend like Ironman wasn't getting it's plaudits is shameful.

Thread title is off by a mile.

Edit:

:laugh:

It was meant to be a joke (you wouldn't have got if your not familiar with his gimmick), it didn't look right anyway, kind of like you with your severe lack of melanin, belly hanging out and thug life tatted across it in the above pic.

:childplease:
No it wasnt. I swear i heard about Ice cream man and SILKK THE SHOCKER more than ironman. Matter of fact: Ice Cream Man is the fifth studio album by New Orleans rapper Master P. Ice Cream Man was placed at #6 on the Billboard's R&B Albums and #26 on the Billboard 200. It was Master P's and No Limit Record's first ever platinum certified album. The track "The Ghetto Won't Change" was not included on the 2005 re-issue. As of 2009, the album has sold 1,640,000 copies in the United States

If ironman was so much of a factor,why did an album with (i believe) one video,outsell it even though ironman debuted higher? I rest my case,you lil n1ggas need to have debates without so much emotion. I didnt take my initial stance strictly based off my love for pac's music. I REALLY DO REMEMBER THAT ERA LIKE I REMEMBER YESTERDAY.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
No it wasnt. I swear i heard about Ice cream man and SILKK THE SHOCKER more than ironman. Matter of fact: Ice Cream Man is the fifth studio album by New Orleans rapper Master P. Ice Cream Man was placed at #6 on the Billboard's R&B Albums and #26 on the Billboard 200. It was Master P's and No Limit Record's first ever platinum certified album. The track "The Ghetto Won't Change" was not included on the 2005 re-issue. As of 2009, the album has sold 1,640,000 copies in the United States

If ironman was so much of a factor,why did an album with (i believe) one video,outsell it even though ironman debuted higher? I rest my case,you lil n1ggas need to have debates without so much emotion. I didnt take my initial stance strictly based off my love for pac's music. I REALLY DO REMEMBER THAT ERA LIKE I REMEMBER YESTERDAY.

You do know that as of 2004 Ironman is platinum?

And you can't be trying to bring Master P one of the worst exponents of our genre into a conversation on two MC's that raised the bar on more than one occasion.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

And you can't be trying to bring Master P one of the worst exponents of our genre into a conversation on two MC's that raised the bar on more than one occasion.
YEA I KNOW,someone said earlier it sold 800,000 more than it's 1st week sales. It still was seemingly outsold or matched (i believe outsold) by an album with a lower debut and ONE VIDEO :huhldup: meaning it wasnt poppin like that. THE END

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

GHOSTFACE AINT RAISE shyt AND HIPHOP WOULD BE EXACTLY HOW IT IS HAD HE NEVER EXISTED. AND WE'RE TALKIN BOUT 96' NOT ABOUT GHOST VS PAC. I'M SAYING HE WASNT SH1T IN 96' AND THATS THE TRUTH.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ice cream man had a greater impact on hip-hop than ironman. and thats despite the fact that master p had less exposure than ghostface.

i understand that this is an east coast influenced thread. im a '90s east coast kid thats from the 2nd biggest wutang city. plus i came up listening to college radio(shouts out to my moms for that.) so yea, i understand the love for ironman in here. but some things are way off-base.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
ice cream man had a greater impact on hip-hop than ironman. and thats despite the fact that master p had less exposure than ghostface.

i understand that this is an east coast influenced thread. im a '90s east coast kid thats from the 2nd biggest wutang city. plus i came up listening to college radio(shouts out to my moms for that.) so yea, i understand the love for ironman in here. but some things are way off-base.
COSIGN THIS POST

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
What else dropped in 96? There are some dope underrated albums missing....

Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal
Geto Boys - Resurrection
Mr. Mike - Wicked Ways
Mac Mall - Untouchable

????

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang

i understand that this is an east coast influenced thread. im a '90s east coast kid that came up listening to college radio(shouts out to my moms for that.) so yea, i understand the love for ironman in here. im also from the 2nd biggest wu city. but some things are way too off-base in here.

cosign

and we gon ack like hell on earth aint drop in 96? all eyez on me? :beli:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
what is your favorite album from the year pat

thats a hard ass question and i am from the east coast and there were plenty of shyt i was bumping but id be lying if it didnt say that all eyez on me wasn't my favorite shyt that dropped in 96....that shyt stayed in rotation longer than any other album that year from the beginning of 96 through the end of the summer 1996 when i started high school.

however individually there were songs on other albums that i bumped a lot more than any joint on all eyez on me

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
thats a hard ass question and i am from the east coast and there were plenty of shyt i was bumping but id be lying if it didnt say that all eyez on me wasn't my favorite shyt that dropped in 96....that shyt stayed in rotation longer than any other album that year from the beginning of 96 through the end of the summer 1996 when i started high school.

however individually there were songs on other albums that i bumped a lot more than any joint on all eyez on me

for me it is 7 day theory it blows all eyez on me out of the water.