Lets talk about how Ironman destroyed the rest of 96

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
90's had too much shyt for one joint to stand out that much more than others

it can happen easily today, take Madvillian in 04 for those that 'got it', or even KRIT last year. but in 95-99? nah, way too much hot shyt

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
1. 7 day theory
2. reasonable doubt
3. ice cream man - cut that east biased chit out.
4. all eyez on me
5. ironman

hell on earth is dope but it was pretty one dimensional. P didn't kick any stories or concepts like he did on the infamous. It was well executed though. and p went off on the title track, man down, nighttime vultures and apostles warning.

i completely understand what youre getting at with the bolded. but at the end of the day, if it aint broke....dont fix it. and as a result, they dropped one of the better received follow-ups to a monumental album. they lacked breakout songs on there tho.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
1. 7 day theory
2. reasonable doubt
4. all eyez on me
5. ironman

i completely understand what youre getting at with the bolded. but at the end of the day, if it aint broke....dont fix it. and as a result, they dropped one of the better received follow-ups to a monumental album. they lacked breakout songs on there tho.

ice cream man better than all eyes on me.....the dont even have a smilie that could match the face i made when i seen that

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
1. 7 day theory
2. reasonable doubt
4. all eyez on me
5. ironman

good list besides that ice cream man shyt

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ice cream man has more classic tracks on it than possibly any album in '96 period. i listen to more than just east coastish hip-hop. sue me.

i might as well just drop the 10. yall shouldve had my '96 top 5 memorized by now.

1. 7 day theory
2. reasonable doubt
3. ice cream man
4. all eyez on me
5. ironman
6. hell on earth
7. chopper city
8. the score
9. the shocker
10. 1nce upon a time in america

yall holla at me when yall diversify your bonds.

btw, all eyez is not seeing ice cream man at all. disc 2 was in cruise control.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
ice cream man has more classic tracks on it than possibly any album in '96 period. i listen to more than just east coastish hip-hop. sue me.

i might as well just drop the 10. yall shouldve had my '96 top 5 memorized by now.

1. 7 day theory
2. reasonable doubt
3. ice cream man
4. all eyez on me
5. ironman
6. hell on earth
7. chopper city
8. the score
9. the shocker
10. 1nce upon a time in america

btw, all eyez is not seeing ice cream man at all.

sorry wack u my best friend but i can't agree with this

all eyez on me was better lyrically and musically then ice cream man

and the funny thing about all eyez on me is that the tracklist was mad different the og all eyez on me was way better then the one released same with the 7 day theory album.

my list is this

1. 7 day theory
2. soul on ice
3. atliens
4.firing squad
5. muddy waters
6. iron man
7 ridin dirty
8. stakes is high
9. speed of life
10 illadelph halflife

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i'll be honest. some of these albums, i havnt heard in YEARS.

i used to listen to the score, 2nd-hand via my mom. and i cant recall her playing that album in about 15 years. im just trying to keep this as unbiased as possible, and trying to place some of these albums as best as i can remember them.

im having trouble placing muddy waters(i'll prolly dust it off this week) and a few others that i havnt heard in the longest like some of the other joints mentioned in here, and others like the lost boyz. nobody mentioned that one. i used to listen to alot of stuff 2nd-hand via other people. i have to pop my ironman tape in the deck as well. havnt listened to it in maybe 5-6 years.

edit: smoothe the hustler is a late edition. word to mr sam.