Lets talk about how Ironman destroyed the rest of 96

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
95-96 were two EXCELLENT years for Hip Hop all around.

I don't know if I'd call Ironman the best of 96, It Was Written I feel was better lyrically but I'd say it's most definitely arguable...

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Nah, there were just too many great albums that year for me to agree. Most of the albums that came out that year I still listen to on a semi-regular basis.

If I had to pick the best album that year strictly based on the music I'd say it was Muddy Waters. I know that loses me westcoast hip hop points but the album flows better than Pac's albums, it just didn't have the same impact/influence.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas' foray into mafiaso, clap rap is a strike against his character.

y'all throw that hater tag around quite a bit. i'll buy & sell that tag.

i'll say on the firm album it was. that was wack. I liked mafioso nas from early 95 till it was written. after that, not so much. and IWW was more raw in terms of sound than RD. and it's better/more well rounded lyrically than hell on earth.

i think some people just liked illmatic too much to be honest.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
95-96 were two EXCELLENT years for Hip Hop all around.

I don't know if I'd call Ironman the best of 96, It Was Written I feel was better lyrically but I'd say it's most definitely arguable...

no way, ironman reigns supreme. every album gets beat track for track.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was so much heat in 96 to give a definitive answer to who had the best album. I know one thing, Pac ruled MTV that year. The coverage of him from the lead up to the Califionia Love video all the way to his untimely death was wild. Even after his death, the I Ain't Mad Atch'a video premier was the eeriest thing ever.

The crazy thing is that year was the first time I started buying CD like a mad person. I was 12. The first two CDs, I purchased was:
220px-Nas-it-was-written-music-album.jpg
and
220px-Ironman.jpg

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
There was so much heat in 96 to give a definitive answer to who had the best album. I know one thing, Pac ruled MTV that year. The coverage of him from the lead up to the Califionia Love video all the way to his untimely death was wild. Even after his death, the I Ain't Mad Atch'a video premier was the eeriest thing ever.

The crazy thing is that year was the first time I started buying CD like a mad person. I was 12. The first two CDs, I purchased was:
220px-Nas-it-was-written-music-album.jpg
and
220px-Ironman.jpg

the crazy thing is pac was getting ready to drop the 7 day theory album before he passed it was crazy that year.