Let's talk about books, brehs

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know, I read it. I just wanted to know Raul's opinion cos I've seen people (guess who? :mjpls:) call it stereotypical and since I'm not dominican I wanted to see if that's the case
I'll make a point to read it soon.
I still have a bit more to go with this Jackie Robinson book. And after this I'll probably start that Ta Nehisi Coates book I noted earlier.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
The last book I read was Bonjour tristesse by Françoise Sagan. The second time i've read it and its still as good.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
im back reading paper books again too currently reading
9780465017645_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've got a plenty to recommend.
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.
Inequality by Design.
Fortunes of Africa: a 4000 Year History
The New Jim Crow
Americanah and Half of a Yellow Sun

Chill b

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Subbed..

Currently reading Invisible man, someone recommend in another thread. Almost done with it. Just ordered a kindle paper white so I'm looking for few good recommendations

tater

Superstar
Daps
Reading again was a 2017 change...I need to find my Malcolm X biography and get back into my sci-fi shyt

If you like sci fi books I just picked up on a pale horse by piers Anthony. I actually saw a rec for it in a thread here and got it from the library. It's essentially about this guy becoming the grim reaper, I enjoyed it. It's a whole series, I just picked up the next two at the library the other day. I'm definitely going to read them all.

I also read native son. Really good black novel by Richard Wright.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I'm about 30% through "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and this book is pretty good.

I should have read this 20 years ago when it was first suggested to me as a youngin.

Some of this stuff is describing my miserable family members to a T. But also offers alternative ways to think and act.

:ehh:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Writing my wrongs,
Zoe Pound
The BMF Mafia
Queen Pin memoir
The millionaire next door
Think and Grow Rich
The Richest Man in Babylon

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I've heard a whole lot about Stephen King's books, and how much of an amazing writer he was. Never felt compelled to read any of his books until recently, so I went for the magnum opus – The Dark Tower Series.

dark-tower-books.jpg

The mystery level in the story is pretty good. And I like the main main character well enough, the other two protagonists though? :snoop: Especially the wench!! :gucci:
I just feel like S. King went in too deep outside his comfort zone with the Odetta character. He thought he could write a character with that level of mental illness, but not really. It's been two weeks since I've read the wastelands and still don't wanna pick the book back up.
I read the first on but I didn't like it, it was OK, should I get the second book?