Let's say the US Gov finally admitted its time to pay reparations...

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it becomes a free for all, like in Canada, taxes would go way up. And test standards to get into the "good" schools would be much higher. Those who don't get in the good schools would get sent to attend lower-level colleges which would be like the community colleges and junior colleges.

1: "Hey bro, you get into Harvard University? It's free. It's going to be awesome."
2: "No, I didn't make the grade. I'm going to North Philadelphia Online Community College."
3: "Really? My homeless uncle is starting a job there as a professor. He's teaching a course called mizzath."
4: "Mizzath? What's that?"
5: "I don't know. He's got a 7th grade education."

It wouldn't be free for all though, and I don't think educational standards would change. The blacks would still have to *qualify* to get into college in order to take advantage of this. The only difference is it would be the govt cutting the tuition checks.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
You're not wrong about the community. I think the "black race" became the "black community" when we united behind a common goal (civil rights). After that, a lot of Americans (and blacks along with them) became complacent. The difference is, blacks are burdened by generational poverty, and left at each other's throats trying to scrape a life together.

I still don't think money would solve our problems though.

I think education would provide the youth with a common goal once again. I think it would motivate a lot of young blacks to do better than their parents. Over the course of a few generations, we could build a community of like-minded professionals, and shed the poverty and non-intellectual culture that holds our people back. If you just drop cash on the problem, I think you'd see a lot of us just basically giving it back. Sure, some of us would do good with it, but humans are short-sighted by nature. The reason the Chappelle skit was so funny was because it was true.

This. :wow:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
You're not wrong about the community. I think the "black race" became the "black community" when we united behind a common goal (civil rights). After that, a lot of Americans (and blacks along with them) became complacent. The difference is, blacks are burdened by generational poverty, and left at each other's throats trying to scrape a life together.

I still don't think money would solve our problems though.

I think education would provide the youth with a common goal once again. I think it would motivate a lot of young blacks to do better than their parents. Over the course of a few generations, we could build a community of like-minded professionals, and shed the poverty and non-intellectual culture that holds our people back. If you just drop cash on the problem, I think you'd see a lot of us just basically giving it back. Sure, some of us would do good with it, but humans are short-sighted by nature. The reason the Chappelle skit was so funny was because it was true.

true but college is easier to get into than ever now days. everybody has a degree (shout out to Virginia College and Univ of Phoenix :pachaha: ) if they aren't already motivated it'd be hard to motivate them. i wouldn't even go as high as college if the money was to go to education i say start at high schools cuz HS is where that college dream is made or broken. that's where a lot of black youth start that down path is in HS

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
true but college is easier to get into than ever now days. everybody has a degree (shout out to Virginia College and Univ of Phoenix :pachaha: ) if they aren't already motivated it'd be hard to motivate them. i wouldn't even go as high as college if the money was to go to education i say start at high schools cuz HS is where that college dream is made or broken. that's where a lot of black youth start that down path is in HS

Do them both.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think a lot of that has to do with the realization that they'll never be able to afford college. I mean I was a shytty student in high-school already, but if I knew I couldn't pay for college, sheeit, I probably would have dropped out too. What would be the point?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I think a lot of that has to do with the realization that they'll never be able to afford college. I mean I was a shytty student in high-school already, but if I knew I couldn't pay for college, sheeit, I probably would have dropped out too. What would be the point?

:ld: true

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
When it becomes a free for all, like in Canada, taxes would go way up. And test standards to get into the "good" schools would be much higher. Those who don't get in the good schools would get sent to attend lower-level colleges which would be like the community colleges and junior colleges.

1: "Hey bro, you get into Harvard University? It's free. It's going to be awesome."
2: "No, I didn't make the grade. I'm going to North Philadelphia Online Community College."
3: "Really? My homeless uncle is starting a job there as a professor. He's teaching a course called mizzath."
4: "Mizzath? What's that?"
5: "I don't know. He's got a 7th grade education."

It's not free in Canada

The government subsidies do instead of paying 15-20 k a gar you pay like 5-10

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Whatever it goes to, it shouldn't be tangible or able to be touched because if a nikka suddenly sees some stacks of money in his account we all know that nikka will spend that money on bullshyt:comeon:

It should either go into education or into a trust fund that can't be touched until a certain age or when a person demonstrates that they are financially responsible

That way a young nikka won't blow it on stupid shyt:manny:

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I think we straight on the reparations. I know our ancestors had to suffer through slavery but would any of yall actually really want to be in Africa right now :usure: I know id rather be on this here internet with the air conditioning on watching ESPN on this 50 inch HDTV than one of them mudafukkers starving on them UNICEF commercials talkin bout donate 50 cents a month n shyt

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It wouldn't be free for all though, and I don't think educational standards would change. The blacks would still have to *qualify* to get into college in order to take advantage of this. The only difference is it would be the govt cutting the tuition checks.
hmm, let me check it out.