Lets keep it 100....does "Get Out" deserve any Oscars?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is one of the most :mjpls: threads I seen in here in a while.

@MartyMcFly What the hell goin on in the film room lately bruh :what:

Nah no it’s not:mjpls:

You don’t have to be a black man or woman and feel like this movie needs to be an Oscar winning flick. That’s fine. We’ve all got opinions and you don’t have to fall in line. We’re not Nazi germany in the 30s nor are we a monolith.

Film room still been some shyt lately but not because of shyt like this :bryan:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No, but everything nominated (with the exception of Shape of Water, which I haven't seen yet) looks like absolute shyte. Moviemaking, like hip hop, gets shyttier with every passing year imo. The bar is on the floor. The stories get duller every year. So if some bullshyt small-town-set flick is gonna get the nom, might as well give it to Get Out. People at least saw that movie and everyone liked it.

I was watching Mask of Zorro yesterday (1st :banderas: edition) and it blew me away how phenomenal the writing was. That movie didn't get any Oscar noms and it's better than any movie I've seen in the last 10 years easily.

Homie what movies have you seen in 10 years?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was going to ask the same thing but the fukkery level was high enough as it is.

Mask of Zorro though :wow:
:russ: I’m saying. I love that movie but the best written movie he’s seen in a decade? Not even trying to sneak diss zorro but I’m just curious

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
:russ: I’m saying. I love that movie but the best written movie he’s seen in a decade? Not even trying to sneak diss sorrow but I’m just curious

Read that shyt like :dwillhuh:

Even googled the shyt to make sure he was talking about the same movie I was remembering :dahell:

nikka watched Zorro & immediately entered a monastery for the next decade :russ:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
As for nods, definitely for Screenplay, but Director, Best Actor & Best Picture, I'd say no. It deserves the W for Screenplay. And even though they're not related, Logan deserves Adapted Screenplay as well.

Now, I'm strictly talking from a movie perspective and not all of the other outside factors. You really don't have to see it twice to catch anything. Hell, 80% of ya'll didn't see it until WOM spread and by then y'all were already swayed.

Ned Beatty got a nomination for Network. He was in it for 5 minutes
But those 5 minutes were powerful. He had the voice of God in him. YOU HAVE UPSET THE NATURAL ORDER OF LIFE.

I'm gonna watch Network tonight. That's ish has hella quotables.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is the a cac... who gives a fukk what white people think Get out >Logan all day every fukking day

He’s black.

No, but it doesn't deserved to be consider a comedy. These cacs ain't slick. :hhh::francis::leostare::beli:

Those were the golden globes not the Oscars. Big difference.

Read that shyt like :dwillhuh:

Even googled the shyt to make sure he was talking about the same movie I was remembering :dahell:

nikka watched Zorro & immediately entered a monastery for the next decade :russ:

Only way I’ll accept that is if he is in fact a shaolin monk and he went into the 36th chamber

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
I'd say it definitely deserves at least "Best Original Screenplay". I can't remember the last time I saw a movie with a script that excels at being funny, scary, thought-provoking, layered, and crowd-pleasing (the audience in my theater straight up cheered at the end) to the level that Get Out does. I don't know if it'll win anything, but there have far less deserving movies nominated for awards to be picking on this one.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Betty Gabriel should have received a nomination also

tumblr_oz1tap4Vys1spp6t1o5_540.gif
This that no no no no scene was:wow:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo props to @MartyMcFly. I could tell the dude reads a lot of the shyt people post on here like :gucci:“are these dumb nyggas serious with this shyt” and could easily shyt on people who don’t know wtf they’re talking about but instead dude still manages to be extra respectful with everything lmao. You’re the Good Guy Greg of the Coli. :salute: