Lets keep it 100....does "Get Out" deserve any Oscars?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie ABSOLUTELY deserves best original screenplay

best picture? nah, no way

I mean, it definitely doesn't feel like a traditional Best Picture nominee and the Direction wasn't groundbreaking. But, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't my favorite movie of last year as well as a top 5 movie theater experience. So I ain't mad at it getting the nomination. Oscars have been nominating a lot of crowdpleasers ever since they started expanding the number of Best Picture noms (ie. The Blind Side), so Get Out isn't a stretch, plus it's got that incredible script going for it

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get Out is not an oscar flick. That's MY opinion. Stop quoting me and keep it moving. You taking all this shyt to heart. Get over it. If you go to my Top 10 Movies of 2017 thread you will see Get Out is in my top 5. Now don't quote me again.
shut ya fakkit azz up c00n boi. We going @ ya dirtyazz and quote u fakkit

:umad:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
No, but everything nominated (with the exception of Shape of Water, which I haven't seen yet) looks like absolute shyte. Moviemaking, like hip hop, gets shyttier with every passing year imo. The bar is on the floor. The stories get duller every year. So if some bullshyt small-town-set flick is gonna get the nom, might as well give it to Get Out. People at least saw that movie and everyone liked it.

I was watching Mask of Zorro yesterday (1st :banderas: edition) and it blew me away how phenomenal the writing was. That movie didn't get any Oscar noms and it's better than any movie I've seen in the last 10 years easily.