Lets keep it 100....does "Get Out" deserve any Oscars?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Then how did it get ANY Oscar nominations, let alone four? :gucci:

You just contradicted yourself. :mindblown:

Get Out cannot be unimportant to whites in the Academy and also mainly nominated by whites in the Academy at the same time.
His "argument" boils down to cacs didn't really like it like that, they just pretended to to avoid people being mad.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
nikkaz can't fathom another person of color not agreeing with you.:umad:Get Out ain't winning shyt. Cause it's not an Oscar flick. They just wanted to have color at the ceremony like they do every year.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
nikkaz can't fathom another person of color not agreeing with you.:umad:Get Out ain't winning shyt. Cause it's not an Oscar flick. They just wanted to have color at the ceremony like they do every year.
Ironically, this is actually what you're doing.

"I didn't like the movie like that and anyone that says they love it are just pretending to for reasons I ascribe to them."

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
you literally have to watch it at leas twice though. thats the whole point of a movie like that.
Mbad I actually did watch Get Out twice. I forgot I watched it again when the Bluray rip leaked for the reason you stated. I won't be watching it again though.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Ironically, this is actually what you're doing.

"I didn't like the movie like that and anyone that says they love it are just pretending to for reasons I ascribe to them."
Naw breh, I said Logan deserved the best picture nom more and you nikkaz attacked me like I'm supposed to root for Get Out by default. FOH. If you think it will win, good for you.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Naw breh, I said Logan deserved the best picture nom more and you nikkaz attacked me like I'm supposed to root for Get Out by default. FOH.
You didn't stop at stating your preference for Logan. You had to invent a reason for why people disagree with your opinion. It can't just be that they like Get Out better than Logan, or feel it's one of the years best movies. It has to be something fake and sinister behind it. Because you said so.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
You didn't stop at stating your preference for Logan. You had to invent a reason for why people disagree with your opinion. It can't just be that they like Get Out better than Logan, or feel it's one of the years best movies. It has to be something fake and sinister behind it. Because you said so.
I said what I feel is true. Cacs nominated it so black people wouldn't get mad at the lack of diversity. Take out Get Out and all you have is cac films. I'm not naive to the way hollywood works.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It definitely deserves Best Screenplay and if we’re keeping it funky Peele deserves Best Director as well...
:nolan:

del-toro.jpg