Lets give SMB2 its flowers (sub thread: Nintendo needs to come out with a co-op Mario game every generation)

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The view of SMB2 has changed over time because many of the people who didn't grow up playing it are controlling the narrative that it's not a "real Mario game". Back in the day, no one cared about that at all (if you even knew about Doki Doki Panic), it was crazy popular and only was eclipsed by SMB3. These new fans on Twitch and YouTube create this new narrative about retro games that were not how it was back in the day. For example, everyone says "S-NES (like Nes-tle)" now, but back then, I never heard anyone say it like that, it was "S-N-E-S" and "N-E-S" (not Ness). Speed runners also don't like SMB2 because the physics are different that 1, Lost Levels/2J, and 3, and that plays a part in perception.
Nobody said “Ness”, 1000%. Super annoying for sure in this era.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think calling it the "NES" was only necessary years later, when there were several Nintendo consoles

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great thread and all facts.

This was a audible called by Nintendo that was out of the norm for them. So someone made a amazing call to just reskin it with Mario characters especially after just coming off of pt 1. ( They did more than reskin tbh)

Also Nintendo being progressive in the 80's with birdo

:dame:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I think calling it the "NES" was only necessary years later, when there were several Nintendo consoles
We called it "nintendo" or N.E.S.

later we called it "Super" or "Regular Nintendo"

Then "Super" "S.n.e.s." "Super nitnendo" "N.E.S." "nintendo" and "regular Nintendo" were used

we never called that shyt Ness tho lol

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Great thread and all facts.

This was a audible called by Nintendo that was out of the norm for them. So someone made a amazing call to just reskin it with Mario characters especially after just coming off of pt 1. ( They did more than reskin tbh)

Also Nintendo being progressive in the 80's with birdo

:dame:
They threw my man WART into the bushes though
wart-super-mario-bros.gif

He ain't been in shyt since :heh: