Let's get White boy Wasted and Riot, Woodstock '99, The ITWAN of ITWANS HBO, JULY 23

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just watched this. This whole festival was like an allegory for White America. :wow:

I'm genuinely interested in finding out how many people were at both this and the Capitol Riots because there is a lot of common energy there. A whole lot of "I was just there and got caught up in the moment, bro :troll:"

Last edited:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never underestimate the boiling rage that builds up from White men who fall through the cracks or fail to live up to the grand ideal society and media lays out for them. That same rage is what basically fuels racist/alt-right chuds online today.

If you went to a largely all white school in the 90s (I was one of only 6 non whites at my school) you can feel how unshocking this is.

I went to a mostly white junior high school back in the 90s. The nu-metal heads always walked around like they had an axe to grind, and most them were from low income families.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
they exaggerate on certain things and dont take into account people being different in those days

"Kid Rock coming out in a fur coat is a perfect example of the Haves & Have nots" :why:

or like making Limp Bizkit out to be some crazy death metal band..
...that music is some of the lamest soft shyt of that time period.

DMX doing "My nikkas" and they making it seem like he cried in his car after that set :mjlol:

decent watch though
They defitintely forced the Generational framing when in reality it was just a poorly planned festival compounded with the fact that it was filled with nu-metal bands that would naturally attract a bunch of crazy ass college-aged cacs.

The white chick from Spin and Moby were the most annoying ones. The girl's analysis was so cac-centric too when talking about 94 vs. 99, like violent, misogynistic gangsta rap wasn't popping at the exact same time Nirvana was out. Though equally bad was the organizer who refused to take any responsibility even 22 years later :mjlol:

They ain't even mention the fact that 5 months after the original Woodstock was a musical festival that ended even uglier than '99.

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The fact that even to this DAY, the promoters STILL take no responsibility for how that event went down is quite telling.

The fact those fukkers had the nerve to blame Limp Bizkit for causing the madness is WILD to me. YOU booked them. You KNOW what that band is about. You KNOW the energy they bring..

ON TOP OF THAT, you had RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE AND METELLICA RIGHT AFTER THEM :damn:!! What the fukkK did you think was going to happen :mindblown:?!?

The concept of Woodstock is about spreading love and peace. And you book some of the most :demonic: bands thats gonna spread rage and aggression back to back to back. What the fukk did u think was going to happen?!

Not gonna lie though, seeing a sea of them CACs just going :dj2::dj2::dj2::dj2:

when Limp Bizkit was performing “Breakstuff” had me sitting on my couch like :wow:

That was legendary shyt.
lmao word, they booked the exact antithesis of Peace & Love. What did they expect?

That Break Stuff performance is legit awe inspiring :russ: That was some Mad Max shyt

I think they pushed the progressiveness of grunge a little bit too far as well, I agree with the sentiment overall but I felt like they focused on it a bit too much in order to put more blame on the 'aggressive misogynistic content' of the performers. As a bunch of people in the thread have already said most of this can be pinned on the promoters, yet it seems like they weren't pressed at all during their interviews. Maybe that was the only way to get them to participate.
That's how it usually is with these type of docs - the people with the most dirt on their hands won't admit to shyt and won't participate if they're pressed too much. Although most documentaries will use their lack of admission as a story telling device - contrast it with everyone involved pointing out how shyt went wrong and how x person didn't even care, then you cut to x person going all ":hubie:" to punctuate it.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
i looked it up and i guess Al Green had to pull out of the festival at the last minute.

He probably pulled up to the venue and saw all of those crazy ass white folks outside.

200.gif

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
lmao word, they booked the exact antithesis of Peace & Love. What did they expect?

That Break Stuff performance is legit awe inspiring :russ: That was some Mad Max shyt

At one point I turned to my wife like "Satan himself booked this shyt :picard:"

It was just the escalating :damn:vibes. Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Kid Rock, The Chilli Peppers covering 'Fire' by Hendrix while one of the stages was set alight by candles handed out by an anti-violence non-profit, Rage Against The Machine, Creed - because let's just add to the shytty atmosphere and Megadeth closing with 'Peace Sells...But Whose Buying?' on some :troll:.

Demonic.

Black Thought's comment about thinking he wouldn't be too hot in a sweater vest being as close as The Roots got to fukkery was :pachaha:

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
They defitintely forced the Generational framing when in reality it was just a poorly planned festival compounded with the fact that it was filled with nu-metal bands that would naturally attract a bunch of crazy ass college-aged cacs.

The white chick from Spin and Moby were the most annoying ones. The girl's analysis was so cac-centric too when talking about 94 vs. 99, like violent, misogynistic gangsta rap wasn't popping at the exact same time Nirvana was out. Though equally bad was the organizer who refused to take any responsibility even 22 years later :mjlol:

They ain't even mention the fact that 5 months after the original Woodstock was a musical festival that ended even uglier than '99.

Was it this one?

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that even to this DAY, the promoters STILL take no responsibility for how that event went down is quite telling.

The fact those fukkers had the nerve to blame Limp Bizkit for causing the madness is WILD to me. YOU booked them. You KNOW what that band is about. You KNOW the energy they bring..

ON TOP OF THAT, you had RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE AND METELLICA RIGHT AFTER THEM :damn:!! What the fukkK did you think was going to happen :mindblown:?!?

The concept of Woodstock is about spreading love and peace. And you book some of the most :demonic: bands thats gonna spread rage and aggression back to back to back. What the fukk did u think was going to happen?!

when Limp Bizkit was performing “Breakstuff” had me sitting on my couch like :wow:

That was legendary shyt.
Neanderthals went Ape shyt on a HUNDRED, THOUSAND, TRILLION:ooh::banderas::damn::lawd:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That was legendary shyt.

Then they had the nerve to sprinkle in some three female acts. I damn near died when Alanis and Jewell came out there in with acoustic guitars. :dead: