Let's get White boy Wasted and Riot, Woodstock '99, The ITWAN of ITWANS HBO, JULY 23

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
they exaggerate on certain things and dont take into account people being different in those days

"Kid Rock coming out in a fur coat is a perfect example of the Haves & Have nots" :why:

or like making Limp Bizkit out to be some crazy death metal band..
...that music is some of the lamest soft shyt of that time period.

DMX doing "My nikkas" and they making it seem like he cried in his car after that set :mjlol:

decent watch though

Last edited:

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
If you went to a largely all white school in the 90s (I was one of only 6 non whites at my school) you can feel how unshocking this is.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
they exaggerate on certain things and dont take into account people being different in those days

"Kid Rock coming out in a fur coat is a perfect example of the Haves & Have nots" :why:

or like making Limp Bizkit out to be some crazy death metal band..
...that music is some of the lamest soft shyt of that time period.

DMX doing "My nikkas" and they making it seem like he cried in his car after that set :mjlol:

decent watch though
The ringer is the worst. The idea that a show with RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE as a headliner being a bell ringer for the alt right and racism is laughable. The acts had nothing to do with why the concert was a shyt show. It was all about the promoters

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The ringer is the worst. The idea that a show with RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE as a headliner being a bell ringer for the alt right and racism is laughable. The acts had nothing to do with why the concert was a shyt show. It was all about the promoters

The fact that even to this DAY, the promoters STILL take no responsibility for how that event went down is quite telling.

The fact those fukkers had the nerve to blame Limp Bizkit for causing the madness is WILD to me. YOU booked them. You KNOW what that band is about. You KNOW the energy they bring..

ON TOP OF THAT, you had RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE AND METELLICA RIGHT AFTER THEM :damn:!! What the fukkK did you think was going to happen :mindblown:?!?

The concept of Woodstock is about spreading love and peace. And you book some of the most :demonic: bands thats gonna spread rage and aggression back to back to back. What the fukk did u think was going to happen?!

Not gonna lie though, seeing a sea of them CACs just going :dj2::dj2::dj2::dj2:

when Limp Bizkit was performing “Breakstuff” had me sitting on my couch like :wow:

That was legendary shyt.

Last edited:

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
Watched this over the weekend. Entertaining to see the fukkery but a lot of the things they focused on seemed strange and out of place to me. What was the point of the random segment that talked about Napster? Or the part where that one journalist was talking about how 'nobody wanted to go to a rave' while showing crowds of people at the rave. Having Moby talk about Coachella like its some sort of Utopia also seemed odd.

I think they pushed the progressiveness of grunge a little bit too far as well, I agree with the sentiment overall but I felt like they focused on it a bit too much in order to put more blame on the 'aggressive misogynistic content' of the performers. As a bunch of people in the thread have already said most of this can be pinned on the promoters, yet it seems like they weren't pressed at all during their interviews. Maybe that was the only way to get them to participate.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Watched this over the weekend. Entertaining to see the fukkery but a lot of the things they focused on seemed strange and out of place to me. What was the point of the random segment that talked about Napster? Or the part where that one journalist was talking about how 'nobody wanted to go to a rave' while showing crowds of people at the rave. Having Moby talk about Coachella like its some sort of Utopia also seemed odd.

I think they pushed the progressiveness of grunge a little bit too far as well, I agree with the sentiment overall but I felt like they focused on it a bit too much in order to put more blame on the 'aggressive misogynistic content' of the performers. As a bunch of people in the thread have already said most of this can be pinned on the promoters, yet it seems like they weren't pressed at all during their interviews. Maybe that was the only way to get them to participate.
You can tell they were trying a little too hard to diagnose the outcome of Woodstock 99. "When grunge died, Clinton, women treated as sex objects, young angry white kids, anxiety over Y2K."

:francis:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
You can tell they were trying a little too hard to diagnose the outcome of Woodstock 99. "When grunge died, Clinton, women treated as sex objects, young angry white kids, anxiety over Y2K."

:francis:

100 percent.

I enjoyed it, but they were definitely trying to rewrite history through a modern progressive lens. All of the issues in the doc could have easily been avoided if the promoters spent money on real security, weren’t price gouging attendees at every turn, and had adequate facilities throughout the venue.

This was a really simple chain of events to understand, but pretty much everybody they interviewed had a desire to push an agenda. The funniest part was seeing Moby trash white rappers knowing damn well that he was just passively aggressively trying to take a shot at Eminem, because his soul is still burning after all of these years.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
100 percent.

I enjoyed it, but they were definitely trying to rewrite history through a modern progressive lens. All of the issues in the doc could have easily been avoided if the promoters spent money on real security, weren’t price gouging attendees at every turn, and had adequate facilities throughout the venue.

This was a really simple chain of events to understand, but pretty much everybody they interviewed had a desire to push an agenda. The funniest part was seeing Moby trash white rappers knowing damn well that he was just passively aggressively trying to take a shot at Eminem, because his soul is still burning after all of these years.
Moby was shook the whole time :russ: I forgot all about that dude. Thank God for hip hop cuz music was trash in the late 90s. :francis:

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Did they think the bottled water & concessions would be free :comeon:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All of the female artist who got booked for this where set up to fail. Like blatantly obvious sabotage. Holy shyt!

the promoter came off like a callous and tone deaf dikkhead in this. Trying place the blame on Fred Durst was nuts.

Moby came off like a dweeb, even when he said things I agreed with I wanted to roll my eyes.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nobody thought that, but $4 back then was lot for water.
And that line for what looked like just 1 ATM machine :hhh:

People rolling around in shyt and all that mud and crap seeping into the camp grounds. I would've been out of there after the first day. fukk all that. Wouldn't even be fun.