Let's get White boy Wasted and Riot, Woodstock '99, The ITWAN of ITWANS HBO, JULY 23

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watched this the other day. There’s no doubt in my mind a lot of those attendees grew up and stormed the capitol earlier this year :mjlol:

Well done doc but the 2021 feminism gaze of this era was super heavy handed. Ultimately they were right about white male anger. Same thing in Charlottesville or mass shooting in *pick any US city* it’s often no rhyme or reason to it. This was a perfect storm of hot weather, no water, testosterone, drugs, alcohol, and no security. Lord of the Flies in real life, like the dude said.

It was also a cash grab that went about as wrong as it could go for that time. If this happened today, Generation Z would’ve memed it to death instead of tearing up an entire Air Force base.

I also thought Wesley Morris was just annoying as a writer but he’s even more annoying in person :hhh:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they exaggerate on certain things and dont take into account people being different in those days

"Kid Rock coming out in a fur coat is a perfect example of the Haves & Have nots" :why:

or like making Limp Bizkit out to be some crazy death metal band..
...that music is some of the lamest soft shyt of that time period.

DMX doing "My nikkas" and they making it seem like he cried in his car after that set :mjlol:

decent watch though
Facts. This is exactly what I meant when it was too much of a forced 2021 gaze on a completely different era of pop culture.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Bryan Danielson @Peter Popoff yall want my sloppy seconds, fine

I watched this one last night; never saw the HBO one. This version let John Scher and Michael Lang show what complete pieces of shyt they were. I was glad to see at the end that Lang died shortly after filming. Hopefully, Scher's time is soon as well.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I watched this one last night; never saw the HBO one. This version let John Scher and Michael Lang show what complete pieces of shyt they were. I was glad to see at the end that Lang died shortly after filming. Hopefully, Scher's time is soon as well.
I think HBO one is more comprehensive so easier to rewatch but also forced too much cultural commentary. The Netflix doc has the cultural commentary too but it's more grounded in reality and not just a lazy 2020s lens.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This the one I seen too them dudes were foul as fukk.