Let's decide this once & for all. Bloodsport vs Kickboxer

What is Van Damme's best movie?

• Bloodsport

Votes: 77 81.9%
  • Kickboxer

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Best of the Best was better than both of them (troll)

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man that's a kick in the balls for a choice. I love both but Kickboxer is very special to me. The fact i grew up kickboxing, the beautiful setting Thailand, fun supporting cast, epic fights and training scenes, the music :wow:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
loved them both growing up....

But Bloodsport it is....I still get hype to this day when all the matches start

In 1988 my face was :ohhh: when the crowd was yelling " KUMA TAY KUMA TAY"

In 2015 my face is like :ohhh: when I see the crowd yell "KUMA TAY KUMA TAY"

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I might have to check out the quest again, i remember kinda being let down by the ending fight, when they go smashing through the other rooms but dont show it,

Atilla vs JCVD round 2

shout out to the real ninja mime

quest8.jpg

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
For everybody new to John Woo's style back then it made Van Damme look even cooler but now it just makes his fights look slower and stiffer lol
Actually all of Van Dammes fights in the early 90's were slow, thats why they meshed perfectly with john woo's style of making slow mo look cool. He only really gets into one fight (outside the cafe) And uses guns the whole time spliced in with his famous kicking. I read somewhere that the movie was co-directed by sam raimi who did the original evil dead movies the first 3 spiderman flicks, all the signs are there, his brother making a random cameo as the guy who walks out of the bar and screams "I aint got no change!" at the black guy, and the "classic" which shows up in all his movies as a trademark, (its the scene where the fat guy tries to hightail it of the NO but gets caught and shot point black with a shotgun)

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Jcvd was moving faster in no retreat, I think that was because the dude who primarily directs jet Li movies, was also the director for that one
Ng See Yuen.
He produced films but never directed the jet li flicks, the maestro Yuen woo Ping.
Also Corey Yuen made some jet li flicks.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I miss the tradition in early UFC where you would see every discipline represented from the gi to the kata.."MMA" is so oversaturated that everybody looks and fights exactly the same that u can almost see a armbar or choke out comin by the 2nd round lol
Not to stray off topic but thats real kumite style

Last edited: