Let's decide this once & for all. Bloodsport vs Kickboxer

What is Van Damme's best movie?

• Bloodsport

Votes: 77 81.9%
  • Kickboxer

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Best of the Best was better than both of them (troll)

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
the raid 2 /raid 1 is blatant inspired and borrowed from Hong Kong cinema, ask yuen woo ping and sammo hung for receipts.
dragons forever choreography ------------)raid, raid 2 and those thai action flicks..

who am i isn't a JC classic.
to be honest.

Agree to disagree.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Which one is it, brehs?

or

:lupe:

Kumite!
jean-claude-van-damme-gifs-1.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ton of love here for Bloodsport, but the low-key racism ruins the movie for me. Black breh literally fights like a "monkey". That's what they have there to represent Black fighters?

If they're really doing a remake then I bet anything they make him do capoeira. Still a bit silly and stereotypical but at least it'll look good.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I miss the tradition in early UFC where you would see every discipline represented from the gi to the kata.."MMA" is so oversaturated that everybody looks and fights exactly the same that u can almost see a armbar or choke out comin by the 2nd round lol

I get what you're saying but this isn't entirely true yet. I think of:

Khabib - his own unique blend of Sambo

Jon Jones - Muay Thai with Bruce Lee and boxing influence

Kamaru Usman - freestyle wrestler

Dustin Poirier - basically a boxer

Charles Oliveira - Brazilian jiu jitsu

Those are five of the top pound-for-pound fighters recently and they all drew from different main styles. And there are plenty other fighters in each of those five categories. Obviously it helps to draw from multiple styles, so everyone has some wrestling or some BJJ and some muay thai to their game. But those basic five styles are still distinct, and you can see the clear difference between the best wrestlers and the best strikers, between the sambo guys and the freestyle wrestlers and the more pure BJJ experts.