lets be real: toronto basketball talent>>>>nyc basketball talent

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Who was the last top 5 draft pick from NYC? The last number 1 pick from NY was Elton Brand, and he's not even from NYC, I mean who was the last super nice dude from NYC?

Chicago has been outproducing NYC for a minute, sure NYC produces a lot of D1 talent, but it's just filler talent that rarely makes it to the NBA. Like someone else said, NYC has the highest black population of any city in the US, yet it can't get a couple top 5 picks here and there?

Things do go in waves, but the other big cities have been sending players consistently to the NBA.

Artest? Kemba?(stretch obviously, but he did just win a title and was their best player)

Idk, its one big cluster fukk I'd agree. The coaching is awful....big men are ignored because coaching guards is easier and more glamorous...and there is certainly a sense of entitlement that's developed with the coaches, handlers, and players. especially with the guards. Every 6-2 kid from NYC with plus hops thinks he's going pro.

Doesnt help either that Manhattan, Iona, Fordham, LIU, SJU all stink. All of these campuses suck too.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
No, please no.

Last time I saw DC it was either suits/yuppies or Blacks. Please tell me these 1932 scarf wearing dummies have not destroyed chocolate city.

Dog...I was there over a month ago, and said to myself "did these hipsters follow me down here?!?!?!?" :snoop:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Let's get something straight though...this is a CHANGING population.

NY is most West Indian blacks than African AMerican blacks. These niqqas are into soccer and shyt, not b-ball like that.

So is Toronto fam :snoop:

Anthony Bennent would be the best player to come out of NYC in 15 years, and he won't even be the best player out of Toronto :to:

NYC Rebel

Daps
So is Toronto fam :snoop:

Anthony Bennent would be the best player to come out of NYC in 15 years, and he won't even be the best player out of Toronto :to:

But B-ball is growing in Toronto, while soccer is growing in NYC.
I see more heads at these Antigua vs. St. Vincent soccer tournaments than I do basketball tournaments now.

shyt...my son is in a soccer league.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
But B-ball is growing in Toronto, while soccer is growing in NYC.
I see more heads at these Antigua vs. St. Vincent soccer tournaments than I do basketball tournaments now.

shyt...my son is in a soccer league.

But sheer strength of numbers should at least produce 1 or 2 top 10 picks every 3-4 years.

Imagine if that kid were coming out of NYC right now, he'd be hyped to no end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
Who was the last top 5 draft pick from NYC? The last number 1 pick from NY was Elton Brand, and he's not even from NYC, I mean who was the last super nice dude from NYC?

Chicago has been outproducing NYC for a minute, sure NYC produces a lot of D1 talent, but it's just filler talent that rarely makes it to the NBA. Like someone else said, NYC has the highest black population of any city in the US, yet it can't get a couple top 5 picks here and there?

Things do go in waves, but the other big cities have been sending players consistently to the NBA.

Same draft, Lamar Odom went fourth. Probably should have gone second if he didn't go missing a few days before the draft

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
When was the last time the entire state of NY had a legit big man?

NYC Rebel

Daps
When was the last time the entire state of NY had a legit big man?

We don't make big men.

I can't tell you how annoying it was to watch my nephew as 6'7 freshman being forced to watch his PG & SG just go drive after drive to the basket.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We don't make big men.

I can't tell you how annoying it was to watch my nephew as 6'7 freshman being forced to watch his PG & SG just go drive after drive to the basket.

Nobody is really developing big men like that though. There's hardly any in the league....

Hibbert quietly looking like the next Bill Cartwright though....Vioel just doesnt run any sets for him..

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
We don't make big men.

Damn :snoop:, I remember one of my close friends was 6'9 strong as fukk only time he would get touches was on rebounds or putbacks:huhldup:, but the thing is at the Y dude had a post game forreal shyts sad.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Damn :snoop:, I remember one of my close friends was 6'9 strong as fukk only time he would get touches was on rebounds or putbacks:huhldup:, but the thing is at the Y dude had a post game forreal shyts sad.

High school seasons are so short its nearly impossible to dedicate the time it takes to truly develop these kids. A lot of it is them doing it on their own during the summer.

Problem with a lot of big men is...theyre only playing basketball bc they are tall.