lets be real: toronto basketball talent>>>>nyc basketball talent

Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the amount of people that live there its pathetic the lack of players they send to the league

Also even in there heyday they havent had a big man since Kareem fukking midget as nikkas over there:russ:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
FreedS[ohh]lave;212920 said:
For the amount of people that live there its pathetic the lack of players they send to the league

Also even in there heyday they havent had a big man since Kareem fukking midget as nikkas over there:russ:

The New York City area still produces amongst the highest amount of players in the NBA.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dog....I got more homies living in the ATL and DC area than I do living in NYC!! :to:

And these are REAL New York niqqas, not these hipsters and crackbabies who got grown ass niqqas living there now.

Just :snoop:, NY is sad. Scust at the Hispster movement destroying brooklyn.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yuppies don't go to the Rucker. Or Dyckman for that matter. The Cage yeah probably.

I don't even know where to begin. I blame the high schools and streetball leagues. We stay producing 5'6'' chuckers whose main goal is to cross you up.

ya

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Dog....I got more homies living in the ATL and DC area than I do living in NYC!! :to:

And these are REAL New York niqqas, not these hipsters and crackbabies who got grown ass niqqas living there now.

this is key because DC has become hipster haven too.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
and tbh, its really impossible to correlate a city to NBA players in any realm. It really means little.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Toronto has gotten a lot better, the reason Toronto is just starting to show NBA talent is because the raptors came to town in 1995 and that made basketball more popular, before that all i remember is people playing road hockey everywhere, not too much basketball

It's the media hype and coaching, it's why Upstate NY has been producing higher quality players for the last 15 years. There's probably more 6"6+ kids in NYC than any other city in the US, yet none of them develop an actual skillset to talk about. The game in NYC is too focused on small ball and one on one play, it's why all the top recruits from NYC are always these 6"0-6"3 guards with no jumpers and little PG skills.

The highest rated player from NY this year is from Syracuse @ 28, the highest rated NYC player is ranked 39. The highest ranked player for next year from NYC is at 69, shyt is pathetic.

There needs to be a complete change in the basketball culture in NYC, eventually you'll have a 4-8 year stretch where players are really good since things move in cycles. All it takes is 1 or 2 really good players to make everyone else develop at a rapid pace, but without a culture change NYC ball will continue to suck.

NYC Rebel

Daps
It's the media hype and coaching, it's why Upstate NY has been producing higher quality players for the last 15 years. There's probably more 6"6+ kids in NYC than any other city in the US, yet none of them develop an actual skillset to talk about. The game in NYC is too focused on small ball and one on one play, it's why all the top recruits from NYC are always these 6"0-6"3 guards with no jumpers and little PG skills.

The highest rated player from NY this year is from Syracuse @ 28, the highest rated NYC player is ranked 39. The highest ranked player for next year from NYC is at 69, shyt is pathetic.

There needs to be a complete change in the basketball culture in NYC, eventually you'll have a 4-8 year stretch where players are really good since things move in cycles. All it takes is 1 or 2 really good players to make everyone else develop at a rapid pace, but without a culture change NYC ball will continue to suck.

You're onto something.

MY wife's nephew is a 6'7 freshmen and when I went to watch his game, he hardly got a chance to even touch the ball because of his chucking ass 5'10 and under teammates. He's now transferring to an upstate boarding school so he can get some proper run.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
You're onto something.

MY wife's nephew is a 6'7 freshmen and when I went to watch his game, he hardly got a chance to even touch the ball because of his chucking ass 5'10 and under teammates. He's now transferring to an upstate boarding school so he can get some proper run.

Yeah it's pathetic, everything is guard centric, it wouldn't be so bad if the guards were true PGs, but they are almost always some combo guard masquerading as a PG. Most of the kids that are 6"5+ end up turning into power forwards, even if they have the athleticism to play the 2 or 3. NYC is producing the most burly 6"6-6"8 power forwards with no definable skills in the country.

They let kids develop properly in Jersey, and look at how it's exploded over there, Jamesville-Dewitt school district and Mount Vernon are putting out better players on a more consistent basis and are a fraction of the size of NYC, makes no sense.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I said earlier the coaching isnt great...but NYC isnt having problems producing kids going Division 1. The Catholic league is still very good....even with Rice going under.

From then on, its a crapshoot pretty much on who's making it to the league.

Just because someone is from Chicago or wherever doesnt make it more likely they'll be in the NBA. These things go in waves.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Yeah it's pathetic, everything is guard centric, it wouldn't be so bad if the guards were true PGs, but they are almost always some combo guard masquerading as a PG. Most of the kids that are 6"5+ end up turning into power forwards, even if they have the athleticism to play the 2 or 3. NYC is producing the most burly 6"6-6"8 power forwards with no definable skills in the country.

They let kids develop properly in Jersey, and look at how it's exploded over there, Jamesville-Dewitt school district and Mount Vernon are putting out better players on a more consistent basis and are a fraction of the size of NYC, makes no sense.

The best player on Boys High state championship team this year was our 6'5 PF.

:snoop:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
I said earlier the coaching isnt great...but NYC isnt having problems producing kids going Division 1. The Catholic league is still very good....even with Rice going under.

From then on, its a crapshoot pretty much on who's making it to the league.

Just because someone is from Chicago or wherever doesnt make it more likely they'll be in the NBA. These things go in waves.

Who was the last top 5 draft pick from NYC? The last number 1 pick from NY was Elton Brand, and he's not even from NYC, I mean who was the last super nice dude from NYC?

Chicago has been outproducing NYC for a minute, sure NYC produces a lot of D1 talent, but it's just filler talent that rarely makes it to the NBA. Like someone else said, NYC has the highest black population of any city in the US, yet it can't get a couple top 5 picks here and there?

Things do go in waves, but the other big cities have been sending players consistently to the NBA.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Who was the last top 5 draft pick from NYC? The last number 1 pick from NY was Elton Brand, and he's not even from NYC, I mean who was the last super nice dude from NYC?

Chicago has been outproducing NYC for a minute, sure NYC produces a lot of D1 talent, but it's just filler talent that rarely makes it to the NBA. Like someone else said, NYC has the highest black population of any city in the US, yet it can't get a couple top 5 picks here and there?

Things do go in waves, but the other big cities have been sending players consistently to the NBA.

Let's get something straight though...this is a CHANGING population.

NY is most West Indian blacks than African AMerican blacks. These niqqas are into soccer and shyt, not b-ball like that.