lets be real: toronto basketball talent>>>>nyc basketball talent

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
water is wet too

Cant remember the last top NYC player who made an impact in the NBA.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly, Toronto basketball talent is much better than I expected but I wouldn't say the quality of games was better than any major US city though...When I was there I visited a couple gyms and was impressed (based off low expectations) with the HS kids I saw/played with. They know how to shoot better thats for sure. but our players Athleticism still has the edge. You don't see much Canadian talent in the NBA because (from what I heard) they don't have much of a system beyond Highschool/AAU....

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
water is wet too

Cant remember the last top NYC player who made an impact in the NBA.

Wait there's Sebast- wait, no

um, ah, we got Lance Steph- nah, not him

AH! Joakim Noah, yeah Joakim Noah-- wait nope he pretty much lived in Paris for 10 years.

OH! Melo, of course, how silly of me! They called him Little New York and everything-- nah, chill, only desperate New Yorkers go out of their way to claim him

*realizes I live about 2 exits away from Mount Vernon*

*claims Ben Gordon and Andre Drummond :win: *

My city sucks. Producing nothing but Mainos and Papooses in all walks of entertainment :snoop:

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
wiggins gonna rippppppppppp this league up

OTC

+
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas
We had a couple Canadian teams come out for some tournaments down here in Texas a few years ago, Nothing impressive--they weren't bad tho :yeshrug:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why tho? NYC has the largest black pop of any US city based on raw numbers, there must be something?

I think the Nets and Knick being bad for 10 years is part of the problem.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Why tho? NYC has the largest black pop of any US city based on raw numbers, there must be something?

I think the Nets and Knick being bad for 10 years is part of the problem.
I blame Giuliani. He made the whole city soft. Yuppies feel comfortable calling 'next' for pickup games at rucker.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I don't even know why you chose NYC of all areas to make a thread, we haven't produced top talent for years.

Chicago, DMV area, Seattle >>>>>> *

Ready2Run

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Toronto has gotten a lot better, the reason Toronto is just starting to show NBA talent is because the raptors came to town in 1995 and that made basketball more popular, before that all i remember is people playing road hockey everywhere, not too much basketball