Let's be real about Durant....

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
He hasn't peaked but, this is who Durant will always be, he has all the talent in the world but he sleep walks through a lot situations, and tries to cut it on and off when he wants, that doesn't work in the playoffs, he's this generations Tracy McGrady

:what: He has more heart than tracy. There is no doubt that skill wise tracy was a better all-round player.

KD needs to hit the weight room and get in the post more. He will never have a great handle, he is too tall to dudes off the bounce on a regular basis.

He needs to be committed to creating for others and rebounding. He rebounding numbers this series are :scusthov: This team averages the lowest assist per game in the NBA. That is not good for a team that scores as many pts as they do.They might need to get a tall pure PG that can guard SGs to play along side of Westbrook.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with OP. no way Durant gets bigger or stronger or smarter over the next ten years :dwillhuh:

I hate when dudes try to say Durant will be bigger and stronger as he gets older.

Durant been in the league for 5 years. That's 5 years with world class trainers and nutritionists. Not to mention UT probably had a good staff too.

I'm sure during all those years somebody thought "hey Kevin how about u try to build some muscle!?!??!". The fact that he's skinny as fukk isn't something that nobody is aware of.

Obviously dude is a ecto and struggles to put on weight or he doesn't want to gain weight. Either way, u can all hold ur breath on him coming in one season built like LeBron.....it ain't happening.

Black Thunder

Largest Back In The World
Daps
do you nikkas think a nikka with millions in the bank gives a fukk about putting on weight to fukking play basketball??

nikka made it to the finals at his size just fine,so why would he switch up now??

Daps
Reppin
NULL
e series.

As for Durant, if you are looking at the stats, it's not telling the whole story. Durant has improved defensively, his offensive game was always good. But in

:what: stats do tell the whole story for him because if he aint scoring hes not doing shyt,hes not very good on D and for a guy of his height and length to get 1 rebound is pathetic

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do you nikkas think a nikka with millions in the bank gives a fukk about putting on weight to fukking play basketball??

nikka made it to the finals at his size just fine,so why would he switch up now??

Because his size has been a major contributing factor to his ineffectiveness in every area other than scoring and his lack of consistency even in that area.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because his size has been a major contributing factor to his ineffectiveness in every area other than scoring and his lack of consistency even in that area.

If ur talking about defense, which is the only thing u can be talking about, his size is a bullshyt excuse. Being lanky and skinny didn't stop Tayshaun Prince from locking nikkas up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Terribleness

King on the Come up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WH
to say he has peaked this early is silly as shyt. He still has room for improvement.

1) He's 23.. he can become a smarter player. He only has 5 years in the game. He'll learn more about spacing, footwork, how to handle double teams and simply become more experienced from all the extra number of games he'll play.
2) Sooner or later, he'll start adding more strength and muscle.
3) He'll add new moves, as posters mentioned like backing up for a fade away.
4) A new coach can also make him better thru new offensive plays.

I think he'll do at least one of the above.. what I DO question though is his heart/mentality to do those things. he been extra skinny for a while, doesn't act like the clear leader of his team and yesterday sounded madd defeated at the Press Conference.

Bruh Man 5th Flo

Peeeeeeaaaaccceeee ✌️
Daps
Reppin
Every cotdam inch of GA..except the racist parts
as durant gets into his late 20's he'll find it easier to add weight seeing that we naturally gain weight as we get older...however, with the added weight will mean he may have to retool his mechanics on his shot, and i don't think he wants to do that.....look Durant is fine, he'll be a top 10 nba alltime scorer when it comes to the end for him, but we gotta remember that he is going against Lebron-fukking-James right now......probably the ONLY dude in the League that he doesn't have an overall advantage over at his position....Thunder will be alright, its just that the Miami Heat are their Achilles Heal

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I really hate reactionary threads as well. However, Durant and Melo are similar in that they primarily excel at SCORING and do it better than most other players.

Neither are great all around players. Neither are great or bad defensively. Melo is actually a better rebounder than Durant. Durant is more efficient than Melo but that may be due to him having a better team around him.

I don't see how my comparison is very far off nor is it disrespectful to Durant.

Durant is a better Rebounder than Melo, Durants a better shooter, he's a better defender though I'll chalk it up Durants height. But both are offensive minded players.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Durant is a better Rebounder than Melo, Durants a better shooter, he's a better defender though I'll chalk it up Durants height. But both are offensive minded players.

And when Melo's shot is off, he bangs towards the basket, something KD can't do.