Let's be real about Durant....

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He doesn't need moves or a pretty post game at that size, his passing ability out of double teams is devastating, if he keeps going to it he'll have an impact with his post game that's similar to a big man.

He completely abused Thabo in the post, had to send doubles damn near everytime he got the ball there.

Exactly. Like I said, he's realized that he's bigger than everyone else and its working.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
do you nikkas think a nikka with millions in the bank gives a fukk about putting on weight to fukking play basketball??

nikka made it to the finals at his size just fine,so why would he switch up now??

Chris Bosh has been a skinny nikka all of his life but he managed to put on 10-15 lbs a couple of years ago

Kobe put on 10-15 the summer after the Lakers three-peated

It wouldn't hurt to consider the Wade/HGH route to be honest :shaq:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^^ breh. KD will get bigger and stronger. Dude is only 23. If u go back and look at MJ, Pippen and Rodman when they were in ther 2nd and 3rd year compated to their 8th & 9th year. They were all considerably more muscular.

Breh Durant's frame is on some extreme hard gainer ectomorph shyt, he doesn't have anything close to the frame that MJ, Pip and especially Rodman had.

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
I guess my problem with this thread is that you are saying that there is no possibility that Durant will improve when he's only 23 and in his 5th year in the League. Had he stayed all four years at Texas, this would only be his 2nd year---how many superstars in the history of the League have peaked in their second year? fukk the hypo, how many have peaked after 5 years or at 23 years of age?

Your argument just seems strange, especially when Durant has consistently, albeit marginally in some areas, shown improvement in his efficiency as a shooter, ability as a defender, and effectiveness as a rebounder. And he can get better!

Kevin Durant is only 23 fukking years old. We're seeing players like Kobe and Nash play at a high level in their upper 30s. You mean to tell me you don't think KD will improve at all over the course of the next decade.

He's peaked already?

Time will tell. Let the shyt play out some. My bet is on him getting better.

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
KD just needs to increase his core and functional strength and he will be alright..ectomorphs can gain lean mass but dude needs to get on a 4-5k calorie diet because his metabolism is prob ridiculous

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess my problem with this thread is that you are saying that there is no possibility that Durant will improve when he's only 23 and in his 5th year in the League. Had he stayed all four years at Texas, this would only be his 2nd year---how many superstars in the history of the League have peaked in their second year? fukk the hypo, how many have peaked after 5 years or at 23 years of age?

Your argument just seems strange, especially when Durant has consistently, albeit marginally in some areas, shown improvement in his efficiency as a shooter, ability as a defender, effectiveness as a rebounder. And he can get better!

Kevin Durant is only 23 fukking years old. We're seeing players like Kobe and Nash play at a high level in their upper 30s. You mean to tell me you don't think KD will improve at all over the course of the next decade.

He's peaked already?

Time will tell. Let the shyt play out some. My bet is on him getting better.

Don't fall for the Troll thread friend. :bryan:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Wade has peaked
Melo has peaked
Kobe has peaked

Durant can get better than he is now. Question is WILL HE?

BlackFeet

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
4G
Dude has peaked. Yall need to stop acting like he hasn't reached his ceiling yet and he isn't in his prime. I'm tired of yall nikkas acting like he gonna magically morph into a Super Durant out of the blue. Nothing against Durant cuz dude is top 2 in the league.

I said it on :hamster: last year and nikkas lost it......

I agree with dis premise tho. Some players come into the league so good, u wonder how they culd get any better. Not excatly sure if Durant's already reached his celing, but it's a fact that prime and age are correlational. Chris Paul's past his prime, Rose might just be, Jason Kidd after his surgery, even Stoudemire after his microfracture surgery.