Let's admit the cold hard truth about kobe - media ruined Kobe's legit top 3-4 status

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
fukk outta here

he fixed his own image

Winning helped but the media was never out to get Kobe the way people acted like it was. He caught jokes about the whole thing and he got legit hate from women who didn’t care about basketball but for most basketball fans I know, Kobe was the victim in that incident and the illusion that everyone was against him made them pull for him even more.

The media was forced to stop portraying him as the goody two shoes they had been presenting for his first 6-7 years and started focusing more on the “mean” traits that were more alpha. That depiction of Kobe resonated a lot better with the masses and he was instantly more popular among his fans and peers.

Kobe has been the marquee player on the NBA’s marquee franchise. It will always be wild to me that people truly believe the media was conspiring to downplay him.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Winning helped but the media was never out to get Kobe the way people acted like it was. He caught jokes about the whole thing and he got legit hate from women who didn’t care about basketball but for most basketball fans I know, Kobe was the victim in that incident and the illusion that everyone was against him made them pull for him even more.

The media was forced to stop portraying him as the goody two shoes they had been presenting for his first 6-7 years and started focusing more on the “mean” traits that were more alpha. That depiction of Kobe resonated a lot better with the masses and he was instantly more popular among his fans and peers.

Kobe has been the marquee player on the NBA’s marquee franchise. It will always be wild to me that people truly believe the media was conspiring to downplay him.
:unimpressed:

Kobe was vilified for 4 straight years

@Bilz it’s time to let go man....

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is no media propaganda as far as all time comparisons. It is math.

What happened to Kobe and all the others on board that helicopter was a real tragedy and he deserves to he honored and remembered but get a grip and stop getting caught up in the moment of lionizing him more than he deserves.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
:unimpressed:

Kobe was vilified for 4 straight years

@Bilz it’s time to let go man....

Scott Van Pelt and Wilbon just discussed how maybe they never gave Kobe enough credit, how he was overlooked because he was a "copy cat" then immediately put below Bron.

But Coli poster Bliz says no :mjlol:

Tell me how the man is so revered across the world yet was so polarizing here in the states? The US media is why

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Scott Van Pelt and Wilbon just discussed how maybe they never gave Kobe enough credit, how he was overlooked because he was a "copy cat" then immediately put below Bron.

But Coli poster Bliz says no :mjlol:

Tell me how the man is so revered across the world yet was so polarizing here in the states? The US media is why

Because the rest of the world only knows/cares about the Lakers unless they have a national star on one of the other teams?

Not that it’s a whole lot different here in the states. No matter where you go in this country, a huge population of the basketball fans are Kobe/Lakers fans. I don’t see the polarization you talk about. Casual fans were never checking for the Nick Wright or Henry Abbott comments that got Kobe fans heated.

Daps
Kobe didn’t truly become liked and played up by the media untill the last 5 or 6 years and a lot of that was retraction from the hate Lebron received. Between Colorado and the Shaq fukkery, along with Phil Jackson’s book. Kobe got a lot of hate in the 2000s and was ranked the most disliked basketball player for a few years. They always use to say he would never win one without Shaq, a ball hog, a a$$hole, chase teammates away, narcissistic, rapist etc
all facts
anyone denying this is full of shyt

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Because the rest of the world only knows/cares about the Lakers unless they have a national star on one of the teams?

Not that it’s a whole lot different here in the states. No matter where you go in this country, a huge population of the basketball fans are Kobe/Lakers fans. I don’t see the polarization you talk about. Casual fans were never checking for the Nick Wright or Henry Abbott comments that got Kobe fans heated.

Your online persona for the past 15 years has been dedicated to hating on the man, but you don't see the polarization? :dwillhuh:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
There is no media propaganda as far as all time comparisons. It is math.

What happened to Kobe and all the others on board that helicopter was a real tragedy and he deserves to he honored and remembered but get a grip and stop getting caught up in the moment of lionizing him more than he deserves.

FOH

:camby:

The man was an elite two way player longer than anyone in league history not named MJ

And he missed the equivalent of almost 4 seasons due to lockouts & injuries

He was on pace to surpass Kareem in scoring until he tore his achilles, thx to Mr. Pringles

And he would've got ring #6 if not for David Stern

GOAT work ethic, GOAT skillset, GOAT offensive arsenal, GOAT mentality, GOAT in game dunker