Let's admit the cold hard truth about kobe - media ruined Kobe's legit top 3-4 status

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FOH

:camby:

The man was an elite two way player longer than anyone in league history not named MJ

And he missed the equivalent of almost 4 seasons due to lockouts & injuries

He was on pace to surpass Kareem in scoring until he tore his achilles, thx to Mr. Pringles

And he would've got ring #6 if not for David Stern

GOAT work ethic, GOAT skillset, GOAT offensive arsenal, GOAT mentality, GOAT in game dunker
You sound emotional. I get it.
Your hero died and it really is a tragedy.

But that isn't going to cloud the reality of on court performance as it relates to historical greatness.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You sound emotional. I get it.
Your hero died and it really is a tragedy.

But that isn't going to cloud the reality of on court performance as it relates to historical greatness.

Any point you make, I can refute

Kobe has more rings than all of his contemporaries not named Duncan, including Shaq (top10)...Duncan is recognized as top 10 yet Kobe was 4-2 vs him in the playoffs

And my fav argument for Kobe being top 3 overall is beating TWENTY FOUR 50 win teams in the playoffs, most in history

Last edited:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Kobe's narrative was fukked by circumstances

comes into the league as a bench player
plays second fiddle to Shaq on the championship runs, while being super hated on
peaks while his teams are sorry and he's still being villified, so no accolades to show for that era
gets a solid team again, wins some chips but Lebron is now the face of the league and the mvp he did win was a "oh shyt, Kobe dont have one yet" joint that belonged to Chris Paul
battles injuries to close out career while Lebron is the undisputed best player for a decade

so when you're having goat discussions, his resume looks paltry compared to Mike, Kareem and Lebron

but his peers and the people that watched him tell a different story because his apex was godly...and its backlash from media disrespect...so fans force him into goat conversations

realistically, he's no less than a top 10 player...and i ain't mad if you argue top 5 :ehh:

personally, he's on my rushmore cause i was cysing homie from day one...7.6 ppg and all :wow:

Last edited:

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Your online persona for the past 15 years has been dedicated to hating on the man, but you don't see the polarization? :dwillhuh:
I’ve been done with all of this for a while and what are the poles here anyway? Whether you think he’s #1 or you think there might be a very small handful of players who were better? That isn’t a big difference.

I think people should see this massive outpouring of love and respect and realize that Kobe was unquestionably a beloved star of the league.

Daps
Kobe's narrative was fukked by circumstances

comes into the league as a bench player
plays second fiddle to Shaq on the championship runs, while being super hated on
peaks while his teams are sorry and he's still being villified, so no accolades to show for that era
gets a solid team again, wins some chips but Lebron is now the face of the league and the mvp he did win was a "oh shyt, Kobe dont have one yet" joint that belonged to Chris Paul
battles injuries to close out career while Lebron is the undisputed best player for a decade

so when you're having goat discussions, his resume looks paltry compared to Mike, Kareem and Lebron

but his peers and the people that watched him tell a different story because his apex was godly...and its backlash from media disrespect...so fans force him into goat conversations

realistically, he's no less than a top 10 player...and i ain't mad if you argue top 5 :ehh:

personally, he's on my rushmore cause i was cysing homie from day one...7.6 ppg and all :wow:
all it shows is that people can't think for themselves
there is nothing wrong with saying kobe > lebron or puttin kobe in your top 5 because kobe has the PEDIGREE even if it is only a matter of opinion
but the disrespect kobe has received from the media has trickled over to fans who automatically think lebron > kobe or don't even have kobe in their top 5 or top 10
complete disrespect
also kobe didn't play second fiddle to shaq
he played WITH shaq
SHAQ DOESN'T WIN 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS W/OUT KOBE

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
all it shows is that people can't think for themselves
there is nothing wrong with saying kobe > lebron or puttin kobe in your top 5 because kobe has the PEDIGREE even if it is only a matter of opinion
but the disrespect kobe has received from the media has trickled over to fans who automatically think lebron > kobe or don't even have kobe in their top 5 or top 10
complete disrespect
So if people aren’t agreeing with you, their opinion is a result of groupthink? Do better.

Daps
So if people aren’t agreeing with you, their opinion is a result of groupthink? Do better.
a lot of people's opinions are the result of other people thinking for them, especially when it comes to the MEDIA and their narratives
I never said that was the case for all (YOU SAID THAT) but nice attempt there to misrepresent what I said
do better

Last edited:

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
a lot of people's opinions are the result of other people thinking for them, especially when it comes to to the MEDIA and their narratives
I never said that was the case for all (YOU SAID THAT) but nice attempt there to misrepresent what I said
I’m not misrepresenting what you said, you are clearly asserting that people who rank Kobe higher are using their own minds while
others are brainwashed by the media. You didn’t say all (and I never said you did) but you did say it’s more commonly that way even though you offered no evidence.

Daps
I’m not misrepresenting what you said, you are clearly asserting that people who rank Kobe higher are using their own minds while
others are brainwashed by the media. You didn’t say all (and I never said you did) but you did say it’s more commonly that way even though you offered no evidence.
:childplease:
you quoted me literally saying "So if people aren’t agreeing with you, their opinion is a result of groupthink? Do better."
so yes that is what you are trying to say I'm doing
no matter where people rank kobe, a number of people's rankings are based off how the media has influenced their minds

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:childplease:
you quoted me literally saying "So if people aren’t agreeing with you, their opinion is a result of groupthink? Do better."
so yes that is what you are trying to say I'm doing
no matter where people rank kobe, a number of people's rankings are based off how the media has influenced their minds
I’m sure a lot of people are influenced by media portrayals and that’s what I’m getting at.

lf we take LeBron, the media will talk about his overall stats, his willingness to pass, making teams better, etc in their arguments that LeBron is better or ranks higher.

But you can’t ignore all of the media arguments about the intangible and immeasurable stuff, like Kobe’s work ethic, drive, competitiveness, IQ, mental toughness, clutchness and will to win being better than LeBron or anyone else we’ve seen and that no matter what the numbers suggest, he will just get you more wins.

I don’t think you can underestimate how influential these have been in shaping public opinion.

Daps
I’m sure a lot of people are influenced by media portrayals and that’s what I’m getting at.

lf we take LeBron, the media will talk about his overall stats, his willingness to pass, making teams better, etc in their arguments that LeBron is better or ranks higher.

But you can’t ignore all of the media arguments about the intangible and immeasurable stuff, like Kobe’s work ethic, drive, competitiveness, IQ, mental toughness, clutchness and will to win being better than LeBron or anyone else we’ve seen and that no matter what the numbers suggest, he will just get you more wins.

I don’t think you can underestimate how influential these have been in shaping public opinion.
you're literally repeating what I said
the media influences people's minds and a lot of those people don't even realize it
this is especially true when it comes to their opinion of kobe
that shouldn't be the case
people should form their opinions from their own original thinking process
unfortunately, many people cannot think for themselves (nor do they realize it)

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Scott Van Pelt and Wilbon just discussed how maybe they never gave Kobe enough credit, how he was overlooked because he was a "copy cat" then immediately put below Bron.

But Coli poster Bliz says no :mjlol:

Tell me how the man is so revered across the world yet was so polarizing here in the states? The US media is why
yall will see. for some tragic reason only in death are people often fully recognized .

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
you're literally repeating what I said
the media influences people's minds and a lot of those people don't even realize it
this is especially true when it comes to their opinion of kobe
that shouldn't be the case
people should form their opinions from their own original thinking process
unfortunately, many people cannot think for themselves (nor do they realize it)
We agree that the media influences people, you just disagree about how positive the media was toward Kobe overall.

Daps
We agree that the media influences people, you just disagree about how positive the media was toward Kobe overall.
yeah he got SOME accolade for his mvp and 2 championships without shaq, but his greatness was still downplayed
it was always lebron > kobe beat into people's head
or some other narrative
got cacs like nick wright running to twitter to downplay kobe's achievements every time lebron passes him in something or max kellerman or some other hater
people not even including kobe in their top 5 or top 10
the list goes on
till this day they are doing it
slipping in the Colorado case and any potential character issues after his death, so he can have a tainted legacy