Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
now all the brehs sayin "this show would be better on hbo" can shut up... itd be even worse than they complain about now....
You can't honestly believe that. We don't know if the producers gave AMC the same pitch they gave HBO. Although none of us will never know for sure, I'm willing to bet AMC received a toned down version of what HBO got.

Plus we see how AMC skimps on the budget with this show. I'm surprised(and glad) they got Michelle MacLaren to do the finale. If they spent more money on established writers and directors this show could have been top tier status as opposed to the inexperienced staff they usually use. As popular as WD is, AMC could come up off some more dough in order to improve the show but they have no reason to with the ratings they get. I think Gimple is a good show runner and I think we'll see that next season now that he's pretty much wiped the slate clean of the previous showrunner's story lines but he will still hit walls when AMC wants certain things done and there's nothing he can do about that since they have total control, unlike with BB where Sony had a stake in it and Vince could get Sony to tell AMC to go sit in the corner.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
yeah, Shane shoots the Guvna, the Guvna's goons shoot back, Hershel gets caught up in the crossfire and there's no doctor to deal with the flu outbreak and the prison falls apart either way. (assuming Shane just doesn't just flee or kill everyone as a precaution :mjlol:).

there's drawbacks to being a sociopath in a lawless warzone society, breh.

Or....Shane shoots the governor and his sidekick three times each while looking in the other direction and having a conversation cause he remembers he was a cop and the governor was an accountant or some shyt.The rest of the group has the governors people surrounded cause shane didn't do the wait until they punch us approach. The governors crew go back to woodbury, go into the governors house and see he was crazy and watching the zombie network, playing house with a zombie daughter,and conducting experiments. Realize that there's no need to avenge his death cause he wasn't the man who they thought he was and they don't want no parts of the prison group.

there's drawbacks to being a sociopath in a lawless warzone society, breh

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Or....Shane shoots the governor and his sidekick three times each while looking in the other direction and having a conversation cause he remembers he was a cop and the governor was an accountant or some shyt.The rest of the group has the governors people surrounded cause shane didn't do the wait until they punch us approach. The governors crew go back to woodbury, go into the governors house and see he was crazy and watching the zombie network, playing house with a zombie daughter,and conducting experiments. Realize that there's no need to avenge his death cause he wasn't the man who they thought he was and they don't want no parts of the prison group.

:dead:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
woodbury survived by taking out other groups and stealing their resources, they werent completely soft. they had a decent team of killers but merle took a lot of them out.
so what??? gov gunned em down for not wantin war... remember they ran & immediately reevaluated life??? those were the goons...
and i didn't say rick found the prison, just saying shane was headed somewhere else entirely. you keep trynna divide ricks character into two different people when it's two sides of the same coin. y'all hate "farmer" rick til one of you get kidnapped, with savages trynna eat you or poke holes in ya butt. then y'all beg for farmer rick to come save yall asses. instead of shane, who would write you off immediately :mjpls:
the show lays out a clear line about ricks dual character... if im bout to be raped out there i dont want lets be friends rick tryin to move dudes in & coexist... i want shane to put some hot ones in em....
exactly, neither team gov had wanted that war & realized he got them in over their heads for no reason at the end..... phillip caused all this & shane woulda shot him....

Daps
Reppin
St louis
nikkas still talking about shane?
:what:

listen....shane is the kinda cat that would have
told rick he was going out to look for supplies,
met up with the governor,made a deal to leave
with lory,went back to the prison and told daryl
and glen that he got a bad feeling and that they
should leave while there is still time.......hit lory
over the head with a pistol,tie her up and put her
in his suv,tell carl to come hunt with him....tricking him
into leaving,stop the suv on the side of the tank and
trucks going toward the prison,wink at the governor
and tell him that he left the gate open and toss a duffle
bag full of the crews amo as a gesture of good faith.
:mjlol:

wat6rr.jpg

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can't honestly believe that. We don't know if the producers gave AMC the same pitch they gave HBO. Although none of us will never know for sure, I'm willing to bet AMC received a toned down version of what HBO got.

Plus we see how AMC skimps on the budget with this show. I'm surprised(and glad) they got Michelle MacLaren to do the finale. If they spent more money on established writers and directors this show could have been top tier status as opposed to the inexperienced staff they usually use. As popular as WD is, AMC could come up off some more dough in order to improve the show but they have no reason to with the ratings they get. I think Gimple is a good show runner and I think we'll see that next season now that he's pretty much wiped the slate clean of the previous showrunner's story lines but he will still hit walls when AMC wants certain things done and there's nothing he can do about that since they have total control, unlike with BB where Sony had a stake in it and Vince could get Sony to tell AMC to go sit in the corner.

hbo rejected it because they thought the idea of a zombie apocalypse tv show was stupid.

i'd like the see how the show would be on HBO, but my only problem is it would be like 6 episodes a season.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so what??? gov gunned em down for not wantin war... remember they ran & immediately reevaluated life??? those were the goons...

the show lays out a clear line about ricks dual character... if im bout to be raped out there i dont want lets be friends rick tryin to move dudes in & coexist... i want shane to put some hot ones in em....

nah, the goons were in the group that merle took out. same group that stole those military dudes supplies in the beginning of the 3rd season.

you're throwing out junk hypotheticals, did rick try to become friends with the dude that wanted to rape carl? tell me this, you're in ricks shoes when gov comes up to the gate, with a tank, about 15 dudes with guns, and hershel and michonne served up on a plate. what is "savage rick" supposed to do to get everyone out of it alive?

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
hbo rejected it because they thought the idea of a zombie apocalypse tv show was stupid.

i'd like the see how the show would be on HBO, but my only problem is it would be like 6 episodes a season.
Which is what season 1 the goat season was :patrice:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is what season 1 the goat season was :patrice:
yeh sounds all well and good when you zip through it on netflix. you wouldn't like waiting a year for next season, only for it to be 6 episodes long, i assure you.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
yeh sounds all well and good when you zip through it on netflix. you wouldn't like waiting a year for next season, only for it to be 6 episodes long, i assure you.
but if it resulted in less filler, no commercials, better quality and possibly longer episodes wouldn't it be worth it? :ehh: