Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how come the little girl aint sick yet? the preview got michonne looking at the map trying to find the gov and he right outside :dead:

the flu only targets adult with a healthy immune system. the writers fashioned it after the spanish flu of the 1880s. it usually skips children, elderly and the sick.

i assume certain characters didn't get it because they've exposed themselves to it during expeditions. but i doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Real fukkin talk, it seems like the crew at the prison are going so backwards to a point where it's like its time to move to another spot.

They have homegrown walkers just getting sick, dying and then poppin out of the cells mad randomly.

I just don't get why they haven't built a large moat about the whole damn property and filled that shyt with bleach/acid or the kind of chemicals that would dissolve the walkers on contact. wtf is a chain link fence gonna do against hundreds of walkers at once?

And why do rick and Carl wait til the fence is broken to start bussin those guns? There should be weapons in the cell blocks considering that anyone could get that bloody cough and turn.

It's time for the healthy ones to say "fukk it" and set the whole prison on fire and move to a new spot

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Bruh, I was gonna read all that... But that first comment about everybody dying around the same time was bs breh. They foreshadowed it strongly with the light bulb wrote

what light bulb? what are you talking about? :dwillhuh: and I didn't say they die around the same time, they turn into zombies at the same time. i know its for suspense's sake, i'm just saying :beli:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:whew:, I think my sasha is gonna live :cape:

anyways, finally, the governor is gonna return. been waiting all season for this. this ep was annoying me at first with all the sick folks, but it got good at the end for the last 10 minutes.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
gawwwwd damn :dahell: don't get me wrong, i like this show alright, but sometimes it just feels like they're insulting my damn intelligence with some of this fukkery

the way these people ALL conveniently turn at the same moment :comeon:

hershel been hobbling his old crippled ass along the entire season but he suplexed a grown ass man tonight :dead: nevermind the fact that everybody BUT him is getting sick despite spending all his old ass time WITH the sick people :aicmon:

and then we you got a child handling a FULLY AUTOMATIC assault rifle :pachaha: with accuracy :deadmanny: the military couldn't hang though :laff:

:whoa: its a tv show so you gotta suspend a little belief. as for carl and the gun accuracy, dude has been shooting guns to kill for quite a while. he knows how to handle a weapon, so it's not that suprising that he handled that AR-15 with ease.

I knew that other dr. was gonna die. I mean they weren't gonna let the show keep going with all these new people and folks had to be killed off. since hershel is the "main" doctor of the show, that meant the other dude had to NOT make it before darryl and friends returned with the supplies.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Where were
Ricks baby and Herschel's other daughter? :patrice:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
i knew something was gonna happen after it seems like everything wrapped up nicely. walking dead :camby:with happy endings

this is the best season so far to me.... that new showrunner knows whats hes doing

What a great episode. Easily the best of the season and top five in the series.

Everything was perfect, the acting, drama, tension. I loved the camera work at the beginning of the episode with rick driving back. Some of the best shots ever in the series.

The episode also pulled all the way back on the dialogue. Ricks facial expressions as he watched carl bust his guns said more than any mediocre writing could ever.

This is the first episode since clear that blew me away.

And just to top it off they flash to the governor.

Agreed 100 percent. I've been extremely critical of this show...not because I'm a "hater", but because the show has been mediocre for most of its run and has usually failed to live up to potential. This season has been damn good so far though, hope they can keep it up.

Hershel....:salute: Nothing but respect for that man after tonight. My dude has heart. I was actually a little bit frightened at the end because after this being pretty much "his" episode, I thought they were gonna pull a LOST and kill him off. Maggie with that Red Dead Redemption quick draw....:noah:

In regards to how come certain characters get the flu and others do not. Really? :stopitslime: Obviously it's plot armor, but aside from that, diseases work in strange ways...sometimes you're exposed and you get it, other times you don't. Y'all have never been or known that ONE GUY in the office that didn't catch the seasonal flu?

Thematically, it makes sense that Hershel didn't get it. Watch the past couple of episodes and look at his overall character arc....he's the "spiritual one", "the believer", "the pastor", etc. He dodged the bullet because he just does.

If the "Flu Arc" is over....I ain't even mad....:manny: We've actually been given a lot of good characterization over these past 5 episodes. And nothing felt pointless....go back and look at an episode like Vatos

Ultimately, some shows need a "monster of the week" episode and/or plot arcs. Everything can't always be about the big seasonal or series picture.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I didn't think Maggie would be that rational about the Carol situation.
I got from the way Lauren Conrad played it that she immediately thought about Glenn being sick and put him in the two red shirts places. So she was like, "fukk that bytch...I'd have :camby:her ass too".

And this was a tense ass episode. I was sitting on the edge of the couch all :damn: when all Herschel's patients started dying and turning into zombies on him. And I just knew Sasha was a gone too when Herschel found her on the floor of her cell. Dude who plays Herschel is awesome and if I didn't realize it before this episode proved that having him be the Dale replacement as the conscience of the group was the right decision.

But the kicker was Rick and Carl going straight video game massacre on that gang of walkers. There is no way you can put the kid back on baby sitting duty after you let him use an automatic weapon, Rick.
I liked how Rick gave Carl that look after Carl saved him and then tossed him a fresh clip. It's like he has finally accepted that his son is more than capable of taking care of himself and that its time to unleash Killer Carl on the world. Hopefully we are done with Rick trying to maintain Carl's childhood innocence and let's him be like he was early in Season 3.

I knew the Governor was coming back but am I the only one who wasn't all that glad to see him being all stalkery outside the prison? Especially not looking like the pirate version of Mr. Rogers that he was last season. I was expecting his look to more outwardly portray just how insane he is. I actually was hoping he would look more like the skeevy Governor from the book. Dude looks way to together to be sleeping in tents on the side of the road. Rick and them have showers and a roof over their head yet they all look dirty as fukk.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i was certain herschel was going to die :wow: if the last show runner still in charge, he would have killed everyone off except the main 6 by now.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i liked the episofe but the only thing that actually happen was prof. kwikemart died :yeshrug:
The ep was primarily about showing the flip side to Carol's philosophy in how hard Herschel was struggling to keep people alive.
As far as movement with the characters we got Rick finally realizing that it is time to stop babying Carl and get that little soldier back in the mix.
And the Governor returned.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
someone who has the read comincs answer me this, since idk when we going to get answer with the slow ass pace of this show but, do they ever say what the origin of the zombie "virus" is ? like what gene causes it in humans and not animals etc ?