Let an elite 19 year old defender drop to 10th in the draft

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn't mean shyt though - certainly not at this stage. I fukks with the kid too; one of the very few Duke players I like. But you can't just make a thread like this, as if he's actually proven he will be better than the players taken above him - especially since the majority of those teams picked players that were of need and/or had more upside.

What the fukk is up this board lately and trying to microwave players before they're ready. :heh:

:francis:

Breh, my title was hyperbolic. I'm not basketball stupid, I can understand why teams thought he might not have been a fit.

The purpose was more to point out that Winslow is already one of the better defenders in the league, possibly a tier below the elites and such, despite being a 19 year old rookie.

People thought he'd have an NBA ready body and be a solid defender but he's even better than people thought simply due to his high basketball IQ and awareness.

shyt, I know we would have probably taken Mario if he was available.

Winslow has the makings of a beast so I'm staking my claim so I can up this topic in two years :troll:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm sticking with the Dahntay Jones comparison in the meantime :yeshrug:

He's still young though but uh.... he ain't even the player MKG was at 19.

almost dapped you for this because nikkas need to know how god damn valuable MKG is on the defensive end :wow:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Very tough shots though. All well contested jumpers if I remember right. Good offense always beats good defense. Winslow forced ad shots it they happened to go in. Greats tend to do that.

Yeah I'm not saying he didn't play good defense it's just another example of a misleading tweet that people blindly gravitate to.

It looks better aesthetically to throw LeBron's name in there for :lupe: value for people who don't watch games.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Draft a player no body wants breh and call him a steal. Then call him the next paul george and kawhi leonard. :pachaha:

That's exactly what a steal is.

Breh winslow is not kawhi, lets start by comparing him to beverly first

Compare a 19 year old rookie to an elite PG defender and then remember that Winslow is bigger, stronger, younger, and has ten times the growth ability while also being a much better rebounder too.

Act like comparing 19 year old rookie to elite perimeter defenders that have multiple seasons of adjusting to NBA athleticism and pace is somehow a knock on the 19 year old.

The kid is having an insane affect and he's holding pretty much all of his match ups to lower FG% across the board (Differential is better than George and Butler right now) and he's one of the best at forcing misses on three point attempts but he's only a rookie.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Compare a 19 year old rookie to an elite PG defender and then remember that Winslow is bigger, stronger, younger, and has ten times the growth ability while also being a much better rebounder too.

Act like comparing 19 year old rookie to elite perimeter defenders that have multiple seasons of adjusting to NBA athleticism and pace is somehow a knock on the 19 year old.

The kid is having an insane affect and he's holding pretty much all of his match ups to lower FG% across the board (Differential is better than George and Butler right now) and he's one of the best at forcing misses on three point attempts but he's only a rookie.
Don't feed the troll. If he keeps spamming this type of shyt he'll get banned soon enough like his last account.

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps

Patrick beverly is not an elite defender :why:

He also has to guard bigger stronger players :umad:

I think you mistook staney johsnon for winslow

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
almost dapped you for this because nikkas need to know how god damn valuable MKG is on the defensive end :wow:

Top 5 most valuable player on defense. :mjpls:
It really isn't fair and I'm working with clear bias here

After seeing MKG as the youngest player in the league. After seeing MKG get 20/10 against Bron in the playoffs as one of the youngest players in the league (none of this 5/5 spot cover bs... but you got LBJ + the entire strongside of the court young fella)

I just can't be impressed by Justise Winslow like that :francis::yeshrug: its not even his fault. He could be a great addition to that heat squad but the only difference between MKG and Kawhi is that MKG forces bricks while destroying offensive action completely and Kawhi forces direct turnovers (Kawhi got TD behind him instead of Al but that's a whole other tangent)

So Winslow is like.... aite to me. Gerald Henderson-esque right now. I saw how that worked out first hand too :francis:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Patrick beverly is not an elite defender :why:

He also has to guard bigger stronger players :umad:

I think you mistook staney johsnon for winslow

Except Winslow has multiple defensive metrics that already point to him being an elite defender. He holds his matchup to much lower efficiency than their average despite almost 39 minutes a game.

Numbers show that he actually holds his match ups to lower percentages than most of the defensive stars have this year (Better than Butler and George, little worse than Kawhi) plus he's elite at defending the three.

So who are the bigger and stronger players that he's gonna be guarding that will be harder matchup than Melo and Lebron? :mjlol:

Winslow making stupid dudes mad :russ:

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
Except Winslow has multiple defensive metrics that already point to him being an elite defender. He holds his matchup to much lower efficiency than their average despite almost 39 minutes a game.

Numbers show that he actually holds his match ups to lower percentages than most of the defensive stars have this year (Better than Butler and George, little worse than Kawhi) plus he's elite at defending the three.

So who are the bigger and stronger players that he's gonna be guarding that will be harder matchup than Melo and Lebron? :mjlol:

Winslow making stupid dudes mad :russ:

Melo and lebron are def sweating being guarded by winslow :russ: