Let an elite 19 year old defender drop to 10th in the draft

Daps
Why do I agree with you?

2dul8xz.gif
Because deep down you love me. Everyone that initially doesn't fukk with me, comes around in the end. No homo. :noah:

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
They're happy enough with a guy with plenty of potential that can swing the 3 or 4 to compliment Drummond perfectly and eventually replace the other Morris twin in their rotation.

I don't think any team that skipped on Winslow really is wringing their hands together over him like that. He's a good fit in Miami (in that slow ass pace that hides all of that team's offensive issues....) and he's better than that corpse named Deng.

Can't that be enough?

:ld:

yes...they are. He won them another game by shutting down PG down the stretch, just like he locked up KD down the stretch, just like he locked up DeRozan.

Y'all only cyse that defense shyt when it suits you. We not gon just dismiss that he's already one of the best perimeter defenders on earth (and playing 30 minutes per because of it) and getting praise from future HOFs like Bron, PG, Wade, KD, Bosh....they know a little about basketball and real ballers.

Y'all aggy nobody writing national feature stories or doing whole segments about Stanley Johnson's forehead release point jumper ass.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
yes...they are. He won them another game by shutting down PG down the stretch, just like he locked up KD down the stretch, just like he locked up DeRozan.

Y'all only cyse that defense shyt when it suits you. We not gon just dismiss that he's already one of the best perimeter defenders on earth (and playing 30 minutes per because of it) and getting praise from future HOFs like Bron, PG, Wade, KD, Bosh....they know a little about basketball and real ballers.

Y'all aggy nobody writing national feature stories or doing whole segments about Stanley Johnson's forehead release point jumper ass.
hahahaha

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Don't watch games, breh. George needed screen after screen to get away from Winslow and he dropped 32 points while taking 29 baskets.

Paul George already said he has the same naturaK defensive instincts and timing that him and Kawhi do. He's been matched up with numerous superstar wings and he holds them well and makes them make tough shots and he's only a rookie with 30 games in the NBA.

Act like holding a superstar scoring wing to 32 points on 29 attempts despite being an NBA rookie is some kind of knock against Winslow, brehs.

Don' watch games, breh.

Winslow is 19 and we have a team that is pretty damn great at developing shooters and expanding their range. If Winslow becomes even a decent shooter, every aspect of his game will improve dramatically. He takes smart shots, he's actually very good at attacking the basket, he's a coast to coast rebound threat, and a willing and unselfish passer.

At worst, Winslow is gonna be one of the best defensive wings in the NBA and a high motor guy that can defend offensive superstars or, if used off the bench, can be put on spark plug players.

But I wouldn't bet on it. Justise's stroke isn't even mechanically broken, its just relatively slow and inconsistent at times. He has great balance and strength when driving to the rim, has no problem finishing through contact plus surprisingly good touch around the rim.

It's not even the scoring but it's overall awareness, poise, and decision making that says he's gonna be an elite glue guy at worse. But I'm betting that in two seasons, that jumper straightens out and he suddenly looks like a blossoming star because all the great parts about his game are gonna become magnified.

Call me a homer but I see the decision making, poise, and the framework of an offensive game that simply needs NBA polish. But that knowledge to see the mismatch in strength, establish position, bully Budinger to make his length meaningless while hitting a soft switch hook off the glass? Finding the cutting Bosh, hitting him in stride, and noticing it before any of the Pacers could react? How smooth and effortless the jumper looks when he's in "college range"? How he drew contact from a trailing PG and then used it to propel himself forward to finish a hard layup through contact?

Even with how he cuts to the rim and knows how to establish good position which will show as he polishes a post game...

I see it. I saw the same traits in Butler, George, and Kawhi even when they weren't shooting well (Kawhi and Butler) or didn't always use their gifts properly (George). He's gonna explode in two seasons as he's quietly groomed by the likes of Wade, Spo, and Riley.

Reminds me of Jimmy Butler :manny: