Let an elite 19 year old defender drop to 10th in the draft

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
dudes in here talking lets stop talking about Winslow. but in a winslow thread? :jbhmm:

Ethan J. Skolnick
It's this simple: this isn't about learning anything, or being good for his age. By the metrics, Winslow is already an elite defender.

Ethan J. Skolnick
The players that Justise Winslow has guarded typically make 35.9% of their 3s. They make 26% when he is guarding them.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
dudes in here talking lets stop talking about Winslow. but in a winslow thread? :jbhmm:

Ethan J. Skolnick
It's this simple: this isn't about learning anything, or being good for his age. By the metrics, Winslow is already an elite defender.

Ethan J. Skolnick
The players that Justise Winslow has guarded typically make 35.9% of their 3s. They make 26% when he is guarding them.
Does this take into account that the players he may guard have played a lot more minutes? It's misleading like most metrics.

Gangstar8

All Star
Daps
I saw the game, i won't lie miami should have picked up larry nance jr at 10

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
img25225537.jpg

Kid is 19 and is probably an All-Defense tier defender as a rookie. :jawalrus:

Justise's floor is an ungodly versatile , high IQ defender that can be put on any perimeter star and give them hell while being a low usage but high motor offense guy. :blessed:

You would have thought the rise of Butler, George, Kawaii, and Kawaii would have opened the eyes of the GMs. :scust:

Expect to see Gawdtise on multiple All Defensive teams in the upcoming decades :umad:

PS. Kid is a gym rat, that offensive game is gonna come just like it did with PG, Butler, and Kawaii :banderas:

you right and this is why I wanted him but can't front like KP hasn't been ballin so :ehh:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This assumption that his offense will grow into Jimmy, PG, Kawhi levels is just :whoa:

Paul George always had that J with the athleticism, alot of people were high on him entering the draft. I specifically remember myself saying he had some serious star potential. He shouldn't have fallen as far as he did, and I don't even remember the quality of his draft.

Kawhi has the benefit of the Spurs staff and pedigree. Jimmy is just a complete anamoly, guys don't usually improve that starkly, that quickly. It's also no coincidence that these are probably two of the hardest working guys in the entire league during the offseason. We're talking legendary gym sessions. Winslow can be a gym rat, but it takes a special type of focus and determination to put in the type of work Kawhi and Jimmy have/do.

Also will be difficult the next couple seasons, when the ball will primarily be in the hands of Wade, Dragic and Bosh. Even Whiteside if he stays.