Leslie Jones Slams New 'Ghostbusters' Film: "It's Like Something Trump Would Do"

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The original Ghostbusters came out in the 80s and had a predominantly male fanbase (especially when youy include the toys and cartoons). Why in the world did they think that an all woman cast was going to work for that reboot?

This new movie will be successful if the rumors of an all kids cast are true. Fathers that grew up with it will take their children to see it (I know I will).

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This one will be trash too if that makes her feel any better. :ld:

SNL comedy in the movie form used to be written like real dialogue based movies. With the comedic actor trying to be exceptional in the drama acting class portion and not get called out for overacting as a comedian. That quality is lost in comedy and why all comedic movies generally suck in this age.
Not to mention the realistic tone comedies used to have.
Of which Ghostbusters had in spades and made it remarkable as a film. Where it was a binge watch classic of that era.

That ol school snl comedic brilliance in film writing was lost a long ass time ago.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
[Ray Parker Jr.] They ain't 'fraid of dis hoeeee... [/took Huey Lewis' bag]

Prolific posting.

I prop parker and Lewis for being there to make the bag.
As I am kinda conflicted on the pop meets chicago style blues miasppropriation Lewis and the news are known for.
As time goes, the nostalgia a news record transmits being from chicago still hits home. Till you think about the real blues contingent in Chicago.
never really getting where the news and heuy Lewis got.

Oh and I got say again,...
prolific short posting btw....

Art Barr

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Isn't he the son of the original director? They d-blocked his family's legacy and it flopped. You got to play not everybody goes home with a trophy