Les Miles and More O. The 2017 LSU season thread

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Shii....there were a lot of plays espically third down calls where Aranda was playing checkers while the OC was playing chess with him
Now that you mentioned it, he did get shytted on in the Miss State game :patrice:

I guess he must be like Phil Jackson, give him elite talent and he gets it done.

Last edited:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
LSU has toooooo much talent to be a fukking bum ass school. This shyt is embarrassing smh and why the fukk can't we still recruit a QB. Did the Mannings put a curse on us?
I really tried to be positive, but it looks like our chickens are coming home to roost. We've been getting by on talent. Coach O's scaled down practice down style worked pretty well for a veteran team that had already been pushed pretty hard by the previous coach and just needed to be healthy for the game. But it just don't work for a team this young. I feel the same way about this team that I felt about Texas last year... where I really want them to turn it around, but I know where this is going... This team and staff can eventually get it together and figure it out. But the people here just don't have patience for all that. It looks like it's about get real nasty :patrice:

I'm not gonna give up on the team. We can still play that spoiler role.

At least it's not a black coach :blessed:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The good is we went to a hostile stadium aginst a physical SEC team and proved we can play with them. We did it without getting Guice goin and Etling being Etling

The bad..
Three freshman on the o-line
Danny Etling
Donnie Alexander being our worst LB since DJ Welter
John Battle being trash
Lacoture always being ran on
Key playing like he doesn't care
did I mention Etling??

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The good is we went to a hostile stadium aginst a physical SEC team and proved we can play with them. We did it without getting Guice goin and Etling being Etling

The bad..
Three freshman on the o-line
Danny Etling
Donnie Alexander being our worst LB since DJ Welter
John Battle being trash
Lacoture always being ran on
Key playing like he doesn't care
did I mention Etling??
Florida's is shyt and has been shyt for a decade.

If this offense can't find some way to get rolling, shyt will be ugly as hell going forward starting next week.

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

If this offense can't find some way to get rolling, shyt will be ugly as hell going forward starting next week.
Florida might gen trash but it's the fact that our line stepped up to the challenge after being called out last week shows that they haven't given up.

Next week can can get ugly but yu never know we might rise up to the challenge. We're at home and are playing with some confidence. Our freshmans are starting to step up it's our seniors who are a liability.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

Our offense was looking like it wanted to gel at times today until Florida figured out we can’t pass. Then it went back to the struggle. @o-iatlhawksfan is right we have too many liabilities out there. We need to flat out bench Etling, Battle, Alexander, and Key. If for nothing else, to send a message. All 4 of those guys are worst than they were last year. They never make plays and are being flat out targeted by the other teams as wea links. I would rather lose with freshmen who are at least trying hard.

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I stole this from Tigerdroppings, it's cliffnotes of what the meeting with Alleva was about. Some crazy shyt here

I took the time to do this and posted it, then the thread got anchored. This is for everyone who hasn't heard, or can't listen to the podcast.

- Joe Alleva has taken to watching film with Orgeron on Sunday's. This has not been well received by the other coaches.

- Alleva is the one who suggested that they bring the coordinators in. Most athletic directors wouldn't do this.

- Barry Alvarez, who was a great coach and now AD, would never meet with coach and coordinators. If asked by HC, he would look at film independently and have a private conversation to discuss.

- This doesn't happen because it shows a lack of respect for HC.

- It's Alleva's right to point out things that aren't going well, but for the AD to be the person that everything "funnels through" is "not a good look".

- The coordinators were affirmed in their belief that it's their call to do what they wish to.

- Saying the meeting worked because LSU beat Florida is shortsighted.

- What happens when other problems take place? Do the coordinators go to the HC or the AD? Reaffirmed that it's a bad look.

- Noted that this all should have been kept in house. Leaking it to the media makes the HC look weak in front of the team. Not the right way to do things.

- Why did meeting take place? Orgeron felt that with youth on offensive line, pre-snap scheme & motions were too confusing. Canada believed just the opposite.

- Short version of what makes Canada's offense work: Pre-snap motions mask Oline deficiencies and talent discrepancy. Offense's success is predicated on making defenses defend the jet sweep preventing them from teeing off on QB in the pocket or overloading the front against the inside run.

- Orgeron's theory is "good ol' boy" toughness which does not emphasize getting "more out of less" from the line.

- Not running Canada's offense cost LSU the Troy game IN LANDRY'S OPINION. He does not believe Orgeron will meddle in offense again.

- Concern going forward is will Orgeron meddle the next time something is not working well.

- Why did meeting happen? From 3 sources who spoke to either one, or both coordinators: Coordinators were empowered to run their units as they see fit. Communication with Orgeron is necessary, but Alleva told Orgeron to let them coach the way they want to.

- Pressure is on coordinators because of the structure. They are coaching for future jobs as well as the current season.

- "Everyone's reputation is at stake here." Starting with Alleva, and going all the way down.

- It's a problem when the coordinators don't respect the HC's accumen due to lack of knowledge on running an offense and/or defense.

- Most situations include coordinators who "look up" to the HC, and are being empowered by HC to take charge, but coordinators have the option to "tap in to" the HC's knowledge to help them grow as a coach. This is a "void" at LSU, and "is a long-term problem".

- Alleva told coordinators "they are in charge" and did so in front of Orgeron. Re-emphasized the lack of respect to the HC in doing so. Gives coordinators too much power.

- What is Alleva so involved? Paraphrasing: "That's what he's always wanted and he did not get that with Les Miles. That's why he hired Orgeron. He wanted to have the ability to put his two cents in. It's his toy. Les Miles, nor any other coach, would put up with that."

- Orgeron listens to too many people regarding how the program should be run. Specifically mentioned Pete Jenkins and coordinators.

- Difficult when coordinators are telling the HC what to do rather than it being the HC telling coordinators.

- It is Canada's offense and Aranda's defense going forward. Aranda has Orgeron's confidence moreso than Canada. "Always subject to change".

- Around the country, responses from AD's, head coaches & assistant coaches is that this meeting was "strong indicator" in lack of faith in Orgeron. Needs to be "looked at and followed closely".

- Win against Florida is not an indicator that long-term success is viable.