Leonardo DiCaprio /Tom Hardy 'The Revenant' (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think the movie looks awesome but I thought the same about Birdman beforehand and Innaritu is quite possibly the most pretentious director alive, which is a feat in itself in a world where Christopher Nolan is also alive.

DiCaprio — who has received four acting noms over the course of his career, but never has won — couldn't have done a better job and looks like the man to beat in the best actor race. His almost silent performance, with its incredible physical demands

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina

anigif_enhanced-2299-1426273174-20.gif

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Almost silent performance?:childplease:

What kind of bullshyt is this?

I will just :dead:if Tom Hardy gets nominated and wins and Leo doesn't.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
DiCaprio — who has received four acting noms over the course of his career, but never has won — couldn't have done a better job and looks like the man to beat in the best actor race. His almost silent performance, with its incredible physical demands

:gawdling:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
From somebody on IMDB

Leo killed it. I'm usually not that big a fan but I was really impressed. Would be a very worthy first Oscar. He doesn't speak very much, most of his performance is physical and most of his emoting is through his eyes. His character has little backstory and little development through words but he makes Glass into a stronger character than what might have been on the page.

I also liked Hardy, but I always like his work. Accent was a bit weird, I heard echoes of Mad Max in it. But strong work and I wouldn't complain if he were an Oscar nominee, though it's a very strong year and there are so many good supporting actors.

Cinematography was excellent, as is expected with Chivo. He's coming for that threepeat. Poulter said in the Q&A that they would rehearse all day and practice the camera movements because everything was so elaborate, and then they'd have like 90 minutes of time in which they could actually film.

Movie was a bit long but it sucked me in, I really enjoyed the experience. It was extremely violent and gory, and earns the R rating.

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
I'd be happy with Will or Leo winning but Leo has put in some major work over the years and deserves it just for his body of work.
i like Will but :mjlol:

the upcoming movie he's in with the awful fake african accent.....cant do it man