Leo Messi about to break the most liked IG post record

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Nah. We just hate lies that I’ve seen in this thread from ignorant/insecure Americans:

- Soccer isn’t that popular
- It doesn’t require athleticism
- Messi is unknown athlete in the world
Beside people that are :troll: you most people would agree with the first two…soccer is most definitely the most popular sport in the world but I would say to the third one if you walk around any major city in the US and show a picture of Messi most people in the us wouldn’t know who he is and this video is a perfect example

he’s the most popular athlete in the world tho him and ronaldo but the average person In the states Couldn’t tell you their name if you showed them a picture of them

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Beside people that are :troll: you most people would agree with the first two…soccer is most definitely the most popular sport in the world but I would say to the third one if you walk around any major city in the US and show a picture of Messi most people in the us wouldn’t know who he is and this video is a perfect example

he’s the most popular athlete in the world tho him and ronaldo but the average person In the states Couldn’t tell you their name if you showed them a picture of them

Just like if you went elsewhere showing them American football players no one would know them :manny:

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Just like if you went elsewhere showing them American football players no one would know them :manny:
That’s true I wouldn’t argue that American football is only popular in the USA,Mexico,Canada and Germany I love the sport and it’s my favorite but i’m not going to be ignorant and act like it’s the most popular sport world wide it’s not even the top 10 in most countries world wide

Greed

Pro
Daps
I remember seeing Twitter babble claiming Beyonce, Drake, LeBron etc are as popular as Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar :mjlol:

These elite futbol players are in another stratosphere entirely when it comes to fame. The only athlete remotely in the same ballpark when it comes to popularity was Ali.
I’d say MJ at his peak popularity in the 90s was on that level, though I’d put Ali a bit ahead of all of them. Though you have to account for the technology advanced and social media today making modern stars even bigger. Biggest stars of the 90s were Jordan, Jackson and Princess Diana, in no order

Soccer is more popular than basketball but MJ far, far transcended the sport. He reached the point of his name being an adjective, ie, Messi is the MJ of football, and he alone basically globalized the NBA everywhere

LeBron isn’t anywhere close to those guys. I don’t think he’s even more famous than Kobe

Though if we’re including non-sports stars, don’t think ANYONE comes close to Michael Jackson except maybe the Beatles

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps

That’s fair. We know that the average American is not cosmopolitan or sophisticated and voted for Donald Trump in 2016

The average American wouldn’t be able to locate Washington DC or Paris on a map.

Daps
Soccer is obviously popular, but I can't really care about it or take interest in it when our team doesn't get very far.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you didn’t, why do Chinese apps like Tik Tok have you pressed?

Why is Joe Biden going to Saudi Arabia to beg for lower oil prices?

Why did Americans flee Afghanistan with their tails between their legs?

Why are EU regulators forcing American companies to fall back?

:ehh: :umad:

It’s no longer the American century. Get used to the world running “y’all”
Nicca talking about Tik Tok when the US shut down China’s ability to import chips and their economy is in a spiral and they’re panicking.

Nicca talking about Afghanistan when the US is defeating Russia for eternity with its hand me down military weapons being used by a country the size of California.

Nicca talking about Europe banning Twitter when the US has reformed NATO and made Europe reliant on its direction even more

Buh buh footy guvna!

:umad:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I bet they know who David Beckham is though. Anyway coming from the UK I'd say MJ, Ali and Tyson are all global phenomenons you could go anywhere on earth and people would know who they are, outside of those 3 though I bet most people would struggle to name 10.

We definitely don't know any of them NFL dudes names or what the hell the look like. Ditto for Baseball.

Outside the US I imagine most of the world would be most familiar with your Boxers, NBA Players and Sprinters.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
That’s fair. We know that the average American is not cosmopolitan or sophisticated and voted for Donald Trump in 2016

The average American wouldn’t be able to locate Washington DC or Paris on a map.
Lmao you can’t :troll: Me breh but no trolling and real talk I asked this earlier and i didn’t get a answer why do y’all care that us Americans don’t really care for the sport y’all love? I noticed this on twitter a lot of non Americans was getting upset that we would rather watch the NFL than the World Cup no trolling I am legit curious because most of us don’t care that soccer is popular worldwide but it seems like non Americans get upset about it l know some of it was trolling but alot of the people was legit upset

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Lmao you can’t :troll: Me breh but no trolling and real talk I asked this earlier and i didn’t get a answer why do y’all care that us Americans don’t really care for the sport y’all love? I noticed this on twitter a lot of non Americans was getting upset that we would rather watch the NFL than the World Cup no trolling I am legit curious because most of us don’t care that soccer is popular worldwide but it seems like non Americans get upset about it l know some of it was trolling but alot of the people was legit upset

Real talk - look at post #219

I’m just here to counter ignorance :troll:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The World>>>US

It's why the NBA decided to globally market itself back in the late 80s & early 90s, and in part why FIFA is expanding the World Cup to limit the reach of other sports in these other countries that couldn't get in now.

NFL understands America is only so big and to continue to expand, they HAVE to grow outside the US. The NFL is getting to globalism far later than every other league & sport.