Leo Messi about to break the most liked IG post record

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Again.

32 NFL teams for a country with a population of 300+ million people.

The Premier League is an English product with 20 teams for a population of 55 million people. You then dilute that number with the Conference, League 1 and 2 with an additional 50+ teams for English habitants to support.

You naturally have more people viewing live sport in NFL and will generate more money from game going fans.
The Premier League is most watched league on the planet and is shown in over 200 countries similar to that of the NBA. But the NFL is the biggest money maker on the planet only because the tv contracts that Disney, Fox, CBS, and Amazon pays them for showing their games.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Most Americans already know there is NBA/NFL money in European soccer. But the key word is European. And that's exactly why there will never be a significant amount of American parents pushing their kids into a professional soccer career. Because it would require them to move to Europe.

For every one Pulisic family that would move to Europe for their kids soccer career, there's a thousand families that will say "fukk that, we'll stay in America and pursue football, basketball or baseball instead. Our kid can get rich without having to move to another continent playing those sports."
True but America also has a big problem of kids playing the wrong sport too

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
No soccer player is jealous of the Super Bowl :mjlol:

Win a Super Bowl and you're a great. Win a World Cup and you're a legend.

:francis:

Only problem with this is that La Liga only markets these two teams to death. What's the viewership of the Elche vs Mallorca or Girona vs Getafe matches looking like? This is where I'll give the NFL and NBA major credit for marketing the whole league as you can still watch a smaller market squad or a game with bad teams with no problems whatsoever and still enjoy it. The EPL does a good job of this as well. Out of hundreds of teams in Europe, the masses really only follow the big spending Champions League squads

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Per ratio it’s not.

If there were as many Americans in the world as other people, then soccer wouldn’t be the most watched.

We thank God America is 4-5 per cent of this Earth’s population. Otherwise, we’d hear dumb takes like yours every minute.

:mjgrin:

4 billion people watched the World Cup final. That’s half the world’s population.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
It just gets under their skin that their religion soccer is an afterthought over here.

Nah. We just hate lies that I’ve seen in this thread from ignorant/insecure Americans:

- Soccer isn’t that popular
- It doesn’t require athleticism
- Messi is unknown athlete in the world

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
And that’s why their opinions don’t matter at the end of the day. They consume our media and come into our spaces, we don’t even think about them :ehh:

If you didn’t, why do Chinese apps like Tik Tok have you pressed?

Why is Joe Biden going to Saudi Arabia to beg for lower oil prices?

Why did Americans flee Afghanistan with their tails between their legs?

Why are EU regulators forcing American companies to fall back?

:ehh: :umad:

It’s no longer the American century. Get used to the world running “y’all”

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
Nah. We just hate lies that I’ve seen in this thread from ignorant/insecure Americans:

- Soccer isn’t that popular
- It doesn’t require athleticism
- Messi is unknown athlete in the world
One of the main insecure foreigners.

Soccer will never be king in the United States. It will never be even more popular than college football.

Get over it.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
One of the main insecure foreigners.

Soccer will never be king in the United States. It will never be even more popular than college football.

Get over it.

Who cares. America is a declining 5 per cent

Futbol is forever the greatest sport humanity ever invented.

Half the world’s population concurs

Stick to your CTE handegg ball
:mjgrin:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Two-thirds of Team USA plays in Europe though and makes NBA/NFL type money. More kids and even their parents here in the States would take soccer seriously if they knew that there was NBA/NFL money in the sport. They would have to try to get to Europe of course but then again the best basketball players overseas want to come to the NBA because its the biggest and richest basketball league on the planet. MLS salaries will get up there in about 5-6 years at the rate they're going imo
I notice is Mexican cats out in San Diego/LA play at the well-lit parks at night around the city. It's like AAU basketball where instead of courts side-by-side they having soccer matches side-by-side.

It almost looks very organized - a bunch of folks standing around the out of bounds areas. Don't know if it's simply pick-up games or organized play.

Edit: probably meetup groups running pick-up soccer games.

If it's groups like this, they get some really good turnouts sometimes.

Last edited:
Daps
I dislike soccer. Actually I don't really care about it, I'm just salty that a breh didn't win and saltier that the US lost. I'd teleport to Argentina in a heartbeat though, I bet there are dimes right now partying their ass off :blessed: