Legendary Dragon ball (Z and Super) creator Akira Toriyama has passed away

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Bro I printed out power levels and everything. GT looked so weird too.

We spoiied our asses off. We had to. I first started watch in 1997 and it was on network tv. I had to endure that fukking Ginyu fight over and over for YEARS. They moved it to Toonami and still didn't have new eps out till 1999. We waited at least a year for new episodes and for a kid that's like dog years.
I used to buy tapes with subtitles and Japanese t.v. commercials on them shyts to get my DB fix my dad used to take me out to this little spot in Brooklyn called Bargain Bazar to get them.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Bro I printed out power levels and everything. GT looked so weird too.

We spoiied our asses off. We had to. I first started watch in 1997 and it was on network tv. I had to endure that fukking Ginyu fight over and over for YEARS. They moved it to Toonami and still didn't have new eps out till 1999. We waited at least a year for new episodes and for a kid that's like dog years.
The struggle was real back then:wow:

I felt like an old man telling my boys (who are just as obsessed as I was) about those days.
:russ:

I eventually lucked out tho because I found out this cable channel we had called the international channel showed reruns of the original version so I was straight even though I ain’t know a lick of Japanese outside of nani and baka lol.

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
It's like MJ dying. Whether or not you paid direct attention, this man touched your life. Yes I said MJ:martin:Ain't a mothafukka from 30-50 who hasn't seen and/or enjoyed some form of Dragonball and all it's knockoffs and children. There has been almost 40 years of dragonball. Multiple generations have enjoyed it from toys to games to manga to tv to movies etc.

RIP the gawd. There isn't really too many things like his work that creates lifelong fans/stans that will wait decades between projects.
🧢

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
vegeta-badman-patch_480x480.jpg
:mjcry:

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
Dragon Ball is one the most influential work of fiction… Ever. Very few human reach this level of success.
i don't wanna argue in a thread honoring a person.
but the n!gga said mj. fukk that. mj isn't one of anything. he is 1 of 1.
i grew up in the 80s in st. louis. i never watched any of this sh1t, and didn't know anybody that did.
maybe it's a regional thing, or better yet a generational thing.
"30-50" is absolutely cap. maybe 20-40.
we were not watching this. i didn't know it existed. so it wasn't influential for me at all.
and from what i've seen of it, it shouldn't be as influential to "us" as it is :mjpls:. but to each their own.