Legacy and Eastern Conference Supremacy | Official 76ers (#3) vs. Celtics (#2) East Semifinals Thread

Your winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like you do. There's other advanced metrics you can quote. But here's the one thing that everyone knows: 1st Team All-NBA isn't an accident.

However the postseason plays out... it is what it is.

Yeah, and I referenced them. PER has proven correlative to player excellence when you contextualize for statistical noise. It's not remotely confusing at this point. Jimmy has 6 seasons with a PER of 23 or higher. Tatum has one. Jimmy has 6 seasons with a WS/48 well over .200. Tatum has none. Tatum has no all defensive teams. Jimmy has 5. Tatum might be as valuable as Jimmy one day. He hasn't been so far.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah, and I referenced them. PER has proven correlative to player excellence when you contextualize for statistical noise. It's not remotely confusing at this point. Jimmy has 6 seasons with a PER of 23 or higher. Tatum has one. Jimmy has 6 seasons with a WS/48 well over .200. Tatum has none. Tatum has no all defensive teams. Jimmy has 5. Tatum might be as valuable as Jimmy one day. He hasn't been so far.

So Brandon Clarke was one of the best players in the league because of his PER last season. Noted. Let's see what his next contract looks like.

Wait, hold on. He's making $12.5M for the next several years. His agent should be fired.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Gotta be a fever dream. Ain't no way Harden balled out in the playoffs

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no dog in this fight but one was the 3rd pick in his draft and the other was a 2nd round pick. Tatum has also had better rosters around him than Jimmy has.
:hubie:

Draft slots don’t mean shyt to players 12 and 6 years into their career

Jimmy has played with plenty of talent, stop with the excuses. nikka got 6 more career playoff wins and has played 6 more years

Tatum only 25. You know what his resume gonna look like when he 33?

This insecurity heads have over Tatum because he’s popular is wild and it’s been like that since his rookie year. This the same site that had folks running around claiming Kuzma & Siakam were better

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
You step back and hit the Harden on me
full

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those are the type of threads that serve as reminders. This site is funny for fukkery purposes but it's not a real basketball discussion.

Tatum would be beloved on here if he played for Charlotte and won 35 games a year

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I have no dog in this fight but one was the 3rd pick in his draft and the other was a 2nd round pick. Tatum has also had better rosters around him than Jimmy has.
:hubie:

I can't speak to the rosters that have been built around Jimmy but I know that Jayson has had either an All Star, All NBA or an all Defensive Player on his team every year of his career. He's also had at least one other 20 point scorer every year of his career. He had the Defensive Player of the Year last year. He's got the 6th Man of the Year this year. Derrick White will most likely be All Defense and Jaylen Brown will most likely be 2nd team All NBA. He's been surrounded by legitimate All Star and All NBA talent every year which has helped make his job easier.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Tatum would be beloved on here if he played for Charlotte and won 35 games a year

If he played for any other team. As much as people like to bring up that the Celtics are "living off that 2008" championship it's not the fans who are clinging to it, it's the haters and it's carried on now to this team. It helps that Philly hasn't done shyt, New York hasn't done shyt, etc..