Lebron James just dropped 56 points

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Deadly? Kobe was 40% from 16-23 for his career and from 2001 to 2016 Kobe didn't reach 43% from 16-23 in a single season. LeBron was in that same range from 2010-2016, he just didn't shoot it as often because it hurt his team to take them more than necessary.

Deadly from midrange is Chris Paul shooting 55% four years in a row. Kobe was prolific from midrange but he was only "deadly" when he had a hot night.
You know what I mean, it’s sports stop looking for conjecture.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
no one made any excuses for anyone. don't project your hate onto me.
So you think I hate Lebron now cause I made an unfavorable opinion on his game, not the man, his game. Where do I go from here with this? Can I even have a civilized discussion with a Bron stan :jbhmm:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deadly? Kobe was 40% from 16-23 for his career and from 2001 to 2016 Kobe didn't reach 43% from 16-23 in a single season. LeBron was in that same range from 2010-2016, he just didn't shoot it as often because it hurt his team to take them more than necessary.

Deadly from midrange is Chris Paul shooting 55% four years in a row. Kobe was prolific from midrange but he was only "deadly" when he had a hot night.
Fukk your stats. Anyone that uses stats to try and argue that Kobe wasn't deadly from mid-range should just quit discussing basketball. You don't l know shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’ve never understood why teams go and double him. Not even bringing his jumpshot into it, he’s one of, if not the best court vision guys to ever play. He wants teams to double him for that reason.
How do u not double the nikka all game? Dude was cooking EARLY. Had like 27 at the half. And NO ONE on the warriors doubled him. they just let not a him iso every time. Instead of letting Malik Monk or westbrook beat them, they just let LeBron get what ever he wanted.

Not a great scorer but 20 years in and his haters still have no fukking clue how anyone is supposed to stop him. :wow:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a great scorer but 20 years in and his haters still have no fukking clue how anyone is supposed to stop him. :wow:
This is false :comeon:. The game plan has been used plenty of times, which is evident from his track record of finals losses. Defend him one-on-one, have a big ready to rotate on his drives and stay with shooters. He will have nights where he’s hot from 3 but he’s much more dangerous when guys leave their man to go and help. He has no post game so there’s no need to double on the block or force the ball out of his hands there either. He will tire out and miss free throws when it matters so it’s a welcome sight if he’s taking 25+ shots a night.

How many nights has he had like Saturday night where he’s just making jump shot after jump shot? Not many. The game was still close because Lebron isn’t going to bury you by just scoring the ball. He’s always been more dangerous setting up other guys.

He can have his gripes about not being considered a great scorer, but it’s true. His point total isn’t a result of an advanced offensive arsenal as much as it’s a result of a 19 year career dominating the basketball (on top of the absurd stat padding this season). The longevity is to be commended but to pretend he’s an unstoppable offensive force is a joke :mjlol:

Karume

All Star
Daps
So you think I hate Lebron now cause I made an unfavorable opinion on his game, not the man, his game. Where do I go from here with this? Can I even have a civilized discussion with a Bron stan :jbhmm:
I think you hate lebron because you claim I made excuses when none were made

I could be wrong and you're just slow

Karume

All Star
Daps
Fukk your stats. Anyone that uses stats to try and argue that Kobe wasn't deadly from mid-range should just quit discussing basketball. You don't l know shyt.
you just say that because the stats don't agree with you

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

HE HAS APD .. HE PROCESSES INFORMATION DIFFERENT THAN WE DO

THERE IS DEFINITELY A CORRELATION WIT THAT DISORDER AND FEELING THE NEED TO QUANTIFY EVERYTHING

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

You don't I know shyt either. :mjlol:

How about pictures? Why don't we take the last 5 really big elimination games Kobe played. I sure he demonstrated his midrange deadliness in the biggest moments, right?

2011 WCSF, Game 4
aVKE3LY.jpg

2010 Finals, Game 7
EROncpE.jpg

2008 Finals, Game 6
00EsHtq.jpg

2004 Finals, Game 5
15ylYYF.jpg

2003 WCF, Game 6
Y9WYnib.jpg

Did Kobe play in a bigger game than those 5 at any point in the last 20 years?

Deadly :wow:

I know objective evidence is hard, but maybe basketball ain't your thing. If you like narratives over reality you can go back to wrestling. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Rhakim back embaraassing himself both here and in TLR :wow:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Since breh said that Kobe "developed" a midrange jumper, why don't we see what it developed into? Here are ALL his 2010s shots. Not bad, above average, but not deadly. (And you can't use the injury as an excuse, 80% of his 2pt shot attempts in the 2010s came 2010-2013.)

EE23dyUWsAEDcjS

You could go with 2000s instead but he hit almost the exact same % in the 2000s that he did in the 2010s so it won't make any difference.

Compare that to the elite midrange shooters in the same era:

DurantDecadesB.jpg

EE7oC8BUcAApve9

DirkDecadesB.jpg

I wish they had Carmelo, for some reason I can only find his 2012-13 season
melo.png

Now that's elite midrange shooting. :wow:

The gap between CP3/Carmelo/Durant/Dirk and Kobe in their midrange #'s is MUCH larger than the gap between Kobe and Bron. :picard: