Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Yea. Read a letter only and don't observe his actions his whole career. You wont receive a paycheck from him little guy
Actions like what? Marrying his high school sweetheart? Employing all his best friends and turning them into a force in the sports industry? Donating to kids and giving back? Being clean off the court with out even a traffic violation to mention? Hiring a brother he knew from high school to be his agent instead of a jewish cat?

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Salute to him, man. His perspective is something rarely seen in sports, especially for someone of his stature.

Notice dude barely talked about coming back to Cleveland to play basketball. It's bigger than that. He feels he owes a duty to Northeast Ohio, as their native son and ambassador.

I was mad at first that he wouldn't be coming back here, but if you have hate in your heart for a dude who sees the bigger picture and is on a mission to fulfill what he believes to be his purpose in life, which extends far beyond dribbling a round ball, then I don't know what to tell you. You gotta grow up.

His reasoning made me do a complete 180. Just the other day I said I would lose respect for him if he went back there, but honestly, I don't think I've ever respected an athlete more than I do Bron right now.

I don't even mind that dude no longer plays for the team I root for. What he's going to do for NE Ohio is going to trump all that insignificant shyt.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I am not going to make a thread on this. But this is a really, really good read on Lebron From Bill Simmons. I know you guys hate Simmons, but this is a really good read. And it is also really, really long.

http://grantland.com/features/god-loves-cleveland/
During Game 5 of the 2014 Finals, something happened that few people noticed because San Antonio played so wonderfully. Trailing by seven after halftime, LeBron came out for the third quarter and wouldn’t shoot. Every pass was sent with a little extra zip, as if he were telling Micky Arison and Pat Riley, here’s the team you stuck me with.
See most of us saw that third quarter protest, the media just refused to acknowledge it. lol@ team you stuck me with, when the nikka handpicked the squad :camby:.

edit-this article is full of dikkriding. shaq/kobe/duncan were great but never GREAT. fukk does that even mean

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah as much as I get on kobe for game 7 against the suns, lebron did the same thing. 1 shot in the heat's first 14 posessions of the second half and on his bricked 3, he just didn't even try to get back on d. He quit on us same as he did for Cleveland against Boston in game 5 in 2010.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Actions like what? Marrying his high school sweetheart? Employing all his best friends and turning them into a force in the sports industry? Donating to kids and giving back? Being clean off the court with out even a traffic violation to mention? Hiring a brother he knew from high school to be his agent instead of a jewish cat?

And none of that still has anything to do with him being soft and indecisive

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LeSlave is a joke. :mjlol:

2011 :banderas:

heat-mavs2011_1414604a.JPG

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Yeah as much as I get on kobe for game 7 against the suns, lebron did the same thing. 1 shot in the heat's first 14 posessions of the second half and on his bricked 3, he just didn't even try to get back on d. He quit on us same as he did for Cleveland against Boston in game 5 in 2010.
Yeah, when is somebody gonna call out Bron for quitting on his squads during actual playoff games/series, when he realizes he's going to leave them. shyt is crazy.