Leave The World Behind (Movie) - Netflix (Denzel & Julia Roberts/Sam Esmail Directing)

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
A few flaws (ending, animals acting up, GH’s reason for being so up and down)…

But, is there a better actor in Hollywood than Mahershala?
What the fukk was the deal with the Spanish lady? She was in a panic like people were after her...
World falling apart lil girl was like I'm not gonna spend my last days stressing, so she goes to the house, eating snacks and finds the friends DVDs that has the episodes she was freaking out about... she was living.

Also speaks on the over reliance on tech from self driving cars, streaming, cell phone basically your bank, etc.... i just think the execution could have been better.
Garbage ass movie and ending but gives me insight on how the opps can & will crush us ..This is very light on what will happen eventually
If the US falls anytime soon, it will most definitely come from within.

For the most part I liked this. Ending wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I like my movies open-ended and not everything force fed to me. However, I do feel like they should've been a tad more specific in how the country was falling apart. A foreign adversary wouldn't be able to hit like that and a domestic enemy wouldn't want to make the country uninhabitable. I think it could've been better implied we destroyed ourselves...but then all of the characters wouldn't have been so clueless to what was going on.

In general, I loved the tone. These tone movies stick with me for awhile.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I like my movies open-ended and not everything force fed to me. However, I do feel like they should've been a tad more specific in how the country was falling apart

I think part of the appeal is that we experience it from the characters POV. Like they said, part of is isolation, enmies become friends and friends become enemies, chaos and confusion. Thats what the movie felt like for awhile, we were clueless and helpless like the main cast

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The Mrs and I watched this last night and we really enjoyed this (I hated the ending though). Mahershala Ali, Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawke acted their asses off and the writing to make these characters represent certain archetypes was done really well.

At times, the film did stop to drive a message home but it wasn’t overly preachy. I know they explained why the animals were acting crazy but that deer scene was weird and I didn’t really understand it. The pacing was good though because I normally struggle with longer films but I was hooked the whole time.

I’ll probably watch it again to catch everything because there was a lot going on with the sets/artwork in the back as the film was progressing.

Side note, am I the only one that found it funny that the Obamas would EP a film with messaging like this :heh:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I loved the movie besides the ending.

But it left me with a fukked up feeling in the pit of my stomach, still got it. I’ll probably come back to this thread to talk about it more but yeah really good performances.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The movie will piss you off when you get to the lackluster ending. The cinematography is great and the acting is good. But the build up to the ending is a great let down. Which sucks cause again he builds another great universe. Almost so much of a good universe I hope someone steals it lol. It would have been a dope mini series in my opinion

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think part of the appeal is that we experience it from the characters POV. Like they said, part of is isolation, enmies become friends and friends become enemies, chaos and confusion. Thats what the movie felt like for awhile, we were clueless and helpless like the main cast
No one was in control, I get it

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Netflix is a scam this shyt gotta be an inside joke. All that filler screen time jibber jabber and leave it up to the viewer’s interpretation shyt is not film!

There’s no real story and quite simply they were just trying to plug Friends.

The whole movie is about having friends.
Friends in high places and low places.
Weak try hard symbolism accompanied it all.

Horrible film.
Wym?

they gave you all the information you need. Especially with GH saying what he said about the program at the end. You want to actually see it happen?

about the ending:
- you see the chaos in NY(which supports what GH has been saying)
-the girl is at the bunker
-the mom and Ruth are heading there
-Danny told GH and Ethan Hawke to head there. Which GH said thats where they gonna go.

what the fck more do you want? :dahell: :heh:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Wym?

they gave you all the information you need. Especially with GH saying what he said about the program at the end. You want to actually see it happen?

about the ending:
- you see the chaos in NY(which supports what GH has been saying)
-the girl is at the bunker
-the mom and Ruth are heading there
-Danny told GH and Ethan Hawke to head there. Which GH said thats where they gonna go.

what the fck more do you want? :dahell: :heh:
I get that. Movie was still buns