Layoffs at Naughty Dog, Factions “on ice”

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
If that's the case, then why is ND asking them to keep quiet about it without giving them any incentive to do so?
I dont think the company would like it advertised that they are letting people go, regardless of the employment type. Also the request was for actual employees as well. Asking is different then stopping them which they have no way to do so, hence the reveal people were getting let go.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This ain't necessarily bad, could actually be good, that means whatever project they were working on could be finished.

This could be good news for faction 2. I'm not holding my breath.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol:

Contractors don’t get severance packages only EMPLOYEES of Naughty Dog do my G

:hhh:
Contractors sign a “contract” for the time they will work on a project.

The expectation is that, your contract will be honored.

Lots of time when a contractor is relieved of their duties before their full contract is paid out, they get some sort of buyout or payment.

For example i personally was relieved of a contract early last year. They gave me a full month of pay in order to give me time to find work.

From this story, they told these people they would be let go early, but told them they still had to work through that month and not talk about it.

That’s nasty work. Especially from a company that’s not supposed to be having financial issues.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Meanwhile Microsoft has fired 10,000 employees this year…while gladly opening their pockets to stuff $80 billion up AssEnvision’s bussy.

:unimpressed:

This is like comparing a grain of sand to the Earth.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
819yol.jpg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I dont think the company would like it advertised that they are letting people go, regardless of the employment type. Also the request was for actual employees as well. Asking is different then stopping them which they have no way to do so, hence the reveal people were getting let go.
That's a cop out answer as they have a way of doing so, they just chose not to do it and expected those people to show loyalty in doing so.